Shows and events in North America.
Hobbytown USA Ga fall contest
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,106 Posts
KitMaker Network: 858 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 12:15 AM UTC
Coming up on October 7th is Hobbytowns Fall contest at the Kennesaw Ga location. I believe this is actually a nationwide contest for all Hobbytown USAs, but I know some do it on different dates occasionally. The one in Kennesaw the doors open at 10AM. Anyone else gonna be there?
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 03:23 AM UTC
Hi Tim,
I thought that might have been you're e-mail addy on the "Mail to" list of addresses that Vince sent the e-mail out to the other day. I'm hoping to be there. Right now I'm not planning on bringing anything to enter, but to just come by and see if Vince needs help with anything. So maybe I'll see you there.

Mike
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 08:32 PM UTC
lol, yup, that was me. I'll be there and volunteering as well. I'll have afew models to bring. Hope to see you there.... just look for the goofy guy with glass.
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 05:16 AM UTC
Nice little show today at the Hobbytown in Kennesaw, GA. I'm not sure what the final model count was but just guessing I would say somewhere between 100 and 150. A little bit of everything was there to be seen; ships, cars/trucks, aircraft, figures, sci-fi and armor. I had the pleasure of meeting Tim Sloan, aka "pzcreations", and it was nice to put a face with the name. Tim had several models entered and I have to say his work looks as good in person as it does on the web, his Dragon Marder II won first place in German Armor. (he could have had 2nd & 3rd as well but Hobbytown had a no sweeps policy) It was nice also to see a table full of Junior entries and several kids there checking things out. To end my day I picked up the Dragon Pz IV D 3 in 1 off the bargain table for $25.00, not too bad.

Mike
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 07:38 PM UTC
Hey Mike! It was a fun show. And nice meeting you as well. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Marder get 1st...my very 1st 1st in armor! One of those scratch built cars got best in show, the Megatron. those were totally cool. I wish I had remembered my camera so I could share photos with everyone. I got extremely lucky with the raffel. Not only did I win the Wargammer dragon, but I won the Tamiya 1.32 F-4 Phantom! and ...my fiance won the Paasche air compressor! oh and I picked up one of the Panther D kits too off the goodies table for $25, wish I couldve gotten alot more. thanks for your time in judging, hope to see you at the figure show too!
 _GOTOTOP