Soldier Stories
Served in the military? Discuss your time and experiences here.
Hosted by Dave Willett
ATTN: All Army Rangers Needed
Wolf-Leader
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 1,225 Posts
KitMaker Network: 463 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 10:11 AM UTC
In dec. 1985, I had got into a very bad car accident and had to spend 5 weeks in ICU and 6 months in the hospital. Then I had to learn how to walk all over again, from my hands to hands and knees to walking with a walker and so on. I went through 65 operations on my legs alone.
To make a very long story short, some how while I was in the hospital some of my personal belongings where stolen and one of them was my Ranger ring. Since I had no idea of who took it ir even when I was unable to press charges.
So I ask you fellow brothers how am I able to get my ring replaced? Who would I talk to about replacing it?
Please help me!
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 3,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 453 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2003 - 02:52 AM UTC
Sorry to here about that. All though its not a ring, my dad had the same thing happan with his 11 ACR history book that was given to him after Desert Storm. He was it it donating a lot of Iraqi stuff to the museum in Germany when the unit was there.
ANYWAYS, also to make a long story short. We tried to contact the unit historian and musuem, now at Ft Irwin, CA. You may want to try the same, by contacting the Regiment at Ft. Benning, GA. Also, you may want to try accessing some of the web sights.
You may also want to try this sight. It is free to register for all Army personell, veterens, and their families.
Army Knowledge Online