_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling Questions?
Ask your modeling related questions here.
Supermarine Attacker
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 715 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 09:42 AM UTC
This thread should really be called " what in am i doing as its 5.10am and i am brush painting Klear over a model aeroplane, all because i can't sleep " :-) .
Anyhow, this is Magna Models 1/48 Supermarine Attacker that got put into cold storage for about a year as the decals are so old they fell apart as soon as they looked at water . But at the Doncaster model show i picked up a bottle of Liquid Decal Film ( for something completely different ), so i tried it on these decals and it worked. The Liquid Decal Film re-establishes the carrier film on the decals making them usable again.
I still have to do the vac-form canopy, paint the wheels, add pitot tubes, antennas, washes and some weathering. But after the longest decaling session i have undertaken she is nearly finished.
Andy
lampie
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,249 Posts
KitMaker Network: 329 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 03:52 PM UTC
Hi Andy.
Looks great and Im glad its finally going to see the light of day now youve solved your decal issue.
Very nice masking by the looks of it as well.

Quoted Text

This thread should really be called " what in am i doing as its 5.10am and i am brush painting Klear over a model aeroplane, all because i can't sleep " .

If its any consolation I would doing exactly the same thing at 4.30am as well
Nige
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 715 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 05:35 PM UTC
Well after staying up all night, i thought i might as well finish it :-) .
Magna Models 1/48, resin, white metal and a vac form canopy kit. Sprayed in Tamiya and Xtracrylixs paints and weathered with N&W oils and MIG pigments.
Andy

P.S Yes Mal, i know i take a pic :-) , but the sun couldn't make up its mind whether it was in or out .
Mahross
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 837 Posts
KitMaker Network: 183 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 10:09 PM UTC
Nice Andy. MAI have got an article on the Special Hobby kit this month with some nice colour profiles.

Ross
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 11:57 PM UTC
Nice one Andy, doesn't look like you were half asleep when you built it :-)

Quoted Text

P.S Yes Mal, i know i take a pic , but the sun couldn't make up its mind whether it was in or out

A good excuse, you first finished pic is quite good (ish) we'll have to talk piccy taking at Telford. I have a great idea for a photo booth, I just have to get the lights, which won't be too expensive, and I'll let you in on the secret. I'm surprised that you have got any sun, 'cos there aint any here
Mal
 _GOTOTOP