EVENT
Sci-Fi Contest - Chiller Theatre
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2006 - 05:58 PM UTC
Ok - all you Sci-Fi/Gundam/Movie Character/Sculptors and general Sci-Fi ''nuts'' here is you contest.
There is a convention for the industry with a spin off contest and from the looks of the previous years entries it looks like a lot of fun.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2006 - 06:11 PM UTC
Right down the road apiece, and been to many of them.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2006 - 06:59 PM UTC
Really - Cool

I had do some real digging into the website to make sure it was model related. Is the show as good as the previous winner pages show? It looks like a blast.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 04:47 PM UTC
To say the least they are certainly interesting if you are into Sci-Fi and Horror themes. Loaded with the stars, writers and directors etc hanging out with their fans.
I don't know if they still have the Halloween Costume Party, (Been a few years since I've been to one) but the last one I went to was a blast, and the costumes ran from outstanding to risque, the female stars know how to advertise if you know what I mean, some as far as close to X-rated.

The guy that started it, Kevin, use to been one of my customers when I was in the oil business, so I always got in for free. His ex-wife is still a friend of mine, although I haven't seen or talked to her lately, but she stays in touch with a buddy who does independent films, and he usually goes.

As for the models, some are outstanding, and the place to see the latest and greatest in the resin garage business, along the horror Sci-fi line.
Once again, I'm stuck working and won't be able to make it. But I'll see if I can get Glenn to take pictures for the site.

Forgot to mention, it sometimes gets so crowed they have to stop admitting people until the crowd thins out.
 _GOTOTOP