_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Health and Safety
Have a question about what is safe or an experience that might warn others?
Air cleaner system
trabanino
Visit this Community
Guatemala
entire network: 83 Posts
KitMaker Network: 26 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2006 - 03:29 AM UTC
Hi my fellows modellers, do you have a air cleaner system in your work place, and how did you get it, did you build it?, did you buy it? if you build it, do you have a diagram? or can someone share me information in how to buil one. I am intrested in clean the air in my work place of resin dust. thanks.

Buckeye198
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 94 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 08:12 AM UTC
For my work place, I usually just keep my large windows open and a big fan running. It's simple, free, and pretty effective. I do realize that my air probably is not going to be as clean as if I had a purification system, but it does a good enough job for me. For my airbrush, I'll work outside or in my garage (with the door open, obviously). If you decide to work with nature like I have, then just be sure you leave the windows and doors open for at least a half an hour after you've stopped working. If you have been working for a long time, give the room more time to clear out. If you are VERY conscious about your health, however, then you should probably invest in a fume hood. Just keep in mind that they can set you back a considerable amount. Maybe someone out there has plans for a homemade one...but beware of the dangers that that can cause...
 _GOTOTOP