_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Revell gamma compressor problems
rahulred5
Visit this Community
Tamil Nadu, India / भारत
entire network: 5 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 12:33 PM UTC
I recently bought a Revell gamma piston compressor along with a Revell standard airbrush.
The compressor was working fine and I usually airbushed at around 15-20 psi or around 2 bar.
Today during the middle of my airbrushing session , my air supply suddenly cut off and as I depressed the trigger on the airbrush to release air the pressure started dropping to zero when suddenly the compressor started back up only to automatically shut off the air again at 1 bar or around 9 psi.
I again pressed the trigger to release air and the pressure started dropping until zero and again the compressor started back up until 9 psi and the process was repeated.
Normally I can airbush upto 30-40 psi.Im new to compressors and I do not know what went wrong.There was nothing done to the compressor to warrant this problem.
Is it also possible that if I wait for the compressor to cool down for some hours since I was using it for approx 20 mins today it might stop shutting off at 9 psi?
Can anyone suggest something
I also want to add that I dont have a moisture trap but the air is essentially dry w/o moisture
winters1
Visit this Community
Brussels, Belgium
entire network: 166 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 03:39 PM UTC
I had a problem too (mine didn't make pressure at all), i went back to the shop where i bought it and they sent it to Revell. Few weeks later it was repaired.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 05:32 PM UTC
It sounds like there is a faulty cut off valve.
The heat shouldn't cut it off and the 1bar cut off is odd.

I'd take it back.
rahulred5
Visit this Community
Tamil Nadu, India / भारत
entire network: 5 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 07:50 PM UTC

I finally fixed the problem.
It had absolutely nothing to do with the compressor itself lol
After opening up the compressor (very bad thing to do) and checking all hoses etc I had almost given up.
Then while browsing through another forum for compressors another user had a similar problem i.e compressor starting and then shutting down unable to reach higher pressures.He finally found that the problem was that the compressor was recieveing insufficient power.
Turned out that was the problem in my case too.I just plugged in the compressor into a more powerful outlet and I was able to reach max pressure without any shutoffs.
Now the money which might have been spent on shipping or a new compressor can now be spent on some big Flankers
 _GOTOTOP