_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
August Dallas Armorama Meeting
WildCard
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 945 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2006 - 08:44 PM UTC
Hey Cowboys,

Anyone going? What's up? Same day same time?

WC
moxniks
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 6 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 12:46 AM UTC
WC...
All things being equal, the next meeting should be Saturday, Aug 26, at the Harrington Library and starting around 1:00 pm or whenever Keith decides to drag in.
Hope to see and everyone else there then.
Mike
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 717 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2006 - 01:57 AM UTC
And if you're the first one there, and the door to the meeting room is locked, you can ask one of the nice librarians to unlock it for us.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 01:25 AM UTC
I should be there. Have to get my castings from Keith and plan to bring my latest 2 !! projects. The Panther is done and should have the Leopard 2a6 complete as well.
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 07:00 PM UTC
I've got the new M-3 medium from Academy due on my doorstep on the 22nd, may bring that to the meeting to start on. The KV-2 I started at the last meeting is in the painting/weathering/finishing stage, so I will probably bring that. I just upgraded my airbrush compressor, so I've got a couple of surplus ones... a small, somewht noisy, tankless Badger and a fairly quiet one with a small tank...will swap for plastic, or brass, or what have you. PM me if you're interested.
WildCard
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 945 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 11:18 PM UTC
Dang Jim,

I'm out of kits to trade lol... but I will too bring some unbuilt model and see if anyone want to trade...

I think this would be a good practice for the club member...its like gift exchange lol

Jim you got PM

WC
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2006 - 10:00 PM UTC
I'll bring along my Tiger Initial, should be done by Saturday. Finally got the tracks on, after several hit and miss attempts I finally got the hang of working with them. Still not a huge fan of these things, will give them a try again to see if I've improved at all but wish they were just a wee bit easier to work with. Had time this weekend to get them painted and put on, now I just have to do some cleanup, touch up and finishing (decals, weathering) and it should be close to 100% if not completed in time for the meeting.
kirk1313
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 24 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 08:23 AM UTC
Man, thanks to school I may not be able to make it this Saturday. I have a 24 hour drum-a-thon from 3:30 Friday to 3:30 Saturday.
However, I will try and if not, I will see you all in September.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 12:58 PM UTC
just tell them you are the reincarnation of Keith Moon and you "won't be fooled again"
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 25, 2006 - 11:01 PM UTC
Or even better, tell them you study with Neil Peart.
Jim
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 36 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 08:53 PM UTC
Fellow Comrades,

Sorry I've been MIA. Work has been booming. TXU has been keeping us busy due to energy peaks. I should be able to make the meeting this month. I have some interesting pictures from our dozers with tracks for reference material.
SWATdoc
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 147 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 07:00 AM UTC
Hello Mr. Pete Becera!,

I have asked around about you for some time and I am glad to find that you are still alive and doing well, I hope. Charlie Shultz says, "hi" and we will look forward to seeing you sometime...

Take Care,

Allen Hill
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 302 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 08:28 AM UTC
Guys - sorry I( missed the meeting... working on getting the store open! We have signed the deal for HobbyAnnex at the SE corner of Preston Road and Campbell Road... should have a soft opening on the 15th or so of September.

Blaster - as my designated "booth guy" would you be interested in working the fort worth booth for me? I will be out of town, and have one of the employees going to the show, but need an "experienced old hand" to show him the ropes. We have a lot of brochures etc. to pass out, and will be selling the Scalemilitary resin castings along with the Hansa stuff, Are you in? If so, call me on my cell phone (972-608-9800).
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 03:05 PM UTC
Keith I called and left a message on Thursday 31 August. I will be happy to be there and help in any way I can as ususal. Have let most of the clan know they have a place to plop their weary behinds and stash their loot. I'll try calling again to cofirm times etc. Just make sure that I have that entrance thing straight with the folks. You can call me at 972-642-0746
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, September 04, 2006 - 07:56 PM UTC
I'll be happy to spend some time in booth as well... after I build up a suitable stash, of course.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 04:00 AM UTC
That'll work Jim, give me a chance to look around. Won't be doing much buying as I'm going to have to buy a couple of tires tomorrow. Had one that was worn a bit too much on a side and of course that is where the nail went and they can't patch it when it gets down to a point. So may as well get 2 new tires. still gonna cost a bit over 200 with mounting and balancing...The price we pay for our sports cars.
tabascojunki
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 110 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 05:27 AM UTC
What are these goings on in Ft. Worth that y'all speak of? Sounds like a con or show or something. If it is I'm interested.
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 06:13 PM UTC
SuperCon is the Fort Worth IPMS contest - http://www.fwsm.com/Supercon2006.html
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 01:44 AM UTC
Bruce:

If I recall you live out near Mesquite. The event is in Arlington held at the Arlington Community center in Vandergriff park. Get on 20 and head west, exit on Matlock and turn right. Go up a couple of miles or so and you will see Vandergriff park on your right. Just head to the roundish building and that is where the show will be. Costs around $7 or so...I'll be running the Scale military table (diorama goodies) for Keith. I also always wear my orange t-shirt with the alligator on it.
tabascojunki
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 110 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 08:26 AM UTC
Okay, I knew about that one. My son's birthday party has been postponed from Saturday, so hopefully I'll see some of you there.
 _GOTOTOP