Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Less activity ?
csch
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
entire network: 1,941 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 05:10 AM UTC
Hi fellows:

Is there less activity in Aeroscale than when the Aircraft forums were in Armorama ? I donīt know if itīs just my feeling but in the past ten or fifteen days a saw little movement in the forums, specially in the Preflight Check.
Maybe lots of people working in Campaigns or at vacation ? Please tell me if somebody have the same feeling or itīs just me.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 14,499 Posts
KitMaker Network: 411 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 05:16 AM UTC
Hi Carlos,

I don't know about the aeroscale forum but I notice less activity on Shipwrights than before. Whether this is just because people are on holiday or because of the split in the forums I really don't know but that's my perception as well.

Now the Lates Netrwork Post Tab is available I hope that will increase the input between forums. I imagine there is slightly less activity during the summer months anyway.

Just my feelings.

Cheers

Al
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 5,422 Posts
KitMaker Network: 146 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 07:24 AM UTC
I think it's the tie of year. Most people don't go on vacation (holiday in the states) until just before school starts. And then it's the craziness of school starting. Everything should pick up here in about a week or two. Don't forget, IPMS/USA Nats were this weekend, too.
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
entire network: 2,174 Posts
KitMaker Network: 613 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 09:20 PM UTC
Yeah, it is summer and most normal people are out in the sun :-). Historicus Forma seemed to see less movement after it detached from Armorama, but it's partly illusionary. Instead of posting in a single forum, people have a full site, so it seems less active because it's a bigger space.
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 09:27 PM UTC
Summertime.
It's slow on all forums, all sites.
From Armorama to WW2MM and all inbetween (ML and TL etc)
It'll pick up when folks are snowed back in

Cheers,
Charles
Vic
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,697 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 01:31 PM UTC

I know it always slows down this time of year but it has definately slowed on the figure side of things and from what I can see, also on the aircraft and marine sites. It's suprising the difference an extra click or two can make.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 03:50 PM UTC
Site activity is very seasonal. Jim has actually done a bit of tracking in the past and found there are busy and slow times.

One other thing you need to realize now is that activity may not be in one list if you are looking at one LP list for one site focus. That gives the impression that there isn't quite the activity you would see if you look at the network LP list.
(It doesn't sound like this is what Carlos is seeing though)
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 04:11 PM UTC
Why even I slow down in the summer months......
Lets see... looking at little parts with a magnifier verses looking a females at the pool...... I maybe be senile, but I'm not dead or crazy.... yet! :-) :-)
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 05:16 PM UTC
If you visit the individual forums you can see how many times a topic has been viewed and how many replies there are. There might be no replies at all but upwards of a hundred views. People are out there but they're not posting. I do a lot more reading than posting myself.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 07:03 PM UTC
Don't forget the IPMS USA Nationals were this past weekend. Site activity all across the modeling community drops around this time as members ramp up for the long or short journey to the convention. Normally a few days after the show closes, a few members start posting photos, share their thoughts and news on new kits.
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,226 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 08:37 PM UTC
I find that my modelling output drops dramatically during the summer and then picks ups in the fall and winter when the weather turns colder.

Darryl