_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
future floor wax and tamiya acrylics
steelskin
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 180 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 01:00 PM UTC
i’ve heard a lot about the versatility of future floor wax. bibili na sana ako at gagamitin sa second model ko. but i just read that future will ruin a tamiya acrylic paint job. my problem: i almost exclusively use tamiya acrylics! totoo ba na hindi maganda gamitin ang future over tamiya paint? ganun din ba ang effect niya sa gunze sangyo? please enlighten this amateur modeler.

shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 04:45 PM UTC
Comrade, get a can of clear coat to cover your finished product first. I use Tamiya's "Clear" in rattle can. Since I don't use acrylics, maybe others can enlighten you more.
steelskin
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 11:06 AM UTC
salamat shonen_red. i got a tip from camo_girl that future won’t mess up the acrylic if I give the paint time to dry first. she’s been using johnsons clear (di ba johnsons klear?) with tamiya acrylics and she hasn’t had any problems. since i’ve read that future and klear are the same, that should work. about, using a clear overcoat, won’t that give my model a gloss finish? the tamiya clear they sell at Lil’s gives a glossy finish. i’ve asked them if they have testor’s dullcoat but apparently they don’t.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 05:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

salamat shonen_red. i got a tip from camo_girl that future won’t mess up the acrylic if I give the paint time to dry first. she’s been using johnsons clear (di ba johnsons klear?) with tamiya acrylics and she hasn’t had any problems. since i’ve read that future and klear are the same, that should work. about, using a clear overcoat, won’t that give my model a gloss finish? the tamiya clear they sell at Lil’s gives a glossy finish. i’ve asked them if they have testor’s dullcoat but apparently they don’t.

Nyek! Why put future in the first place? I mean glossy din naman yung future pag natuyo (unless you put in some additives). Atleast the gloss coat would protect the underlying paint if things could go wrong.
steelskin
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 12:52 PM UTC
well, marami kasing nagsasabi na magandang future ang gamitin pan-gloss nung surface na lalagyan ng decal. sinubukan ko kasi yung tamiya clear pero hindi maganda kinalabasan. ang future daw kasi pantay talaga pag natuyo.

pinoproblema ko lang noon kasi magiging glossy yung area na nilagyan ng future at flat yung surrounding area. pero nakahanap na rin ako ng gunze flat clear kaya ok na siguro yun.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 05:35 PM UTC
Try mo na lang i-clear yung boung model. Kasi pag isang area lang, magkakaroon ka ng patches or irregularities. That's what I do with my kits. Pantay naman ang finish.
 _GOTOTOP