_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Work In Progress
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 06:29 AM UTC
Hi All,

Boss as you suggested, I've included some WIP of my current project, a fantasy setting for my white metal, Latorre Saxon fig. Here is the base more or less completed.

https://hfmodeling.kitmaker.net/forums/81071&page=1

Thanks for viewing. All comments appreciated.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 07:52 AM UTC
very very nice my comrade..very very nice....
u're progressing very fast as i can see from the first moment we met.... 5 gun salute for that!!!

i'm puzzled to figure out how on earth did u manage to come out with such the ideas and such marvelous effort.... and the plaster was beautifully done...

and since i saw many of your work, i forgot to ask (or maybe i did but forgotten...) is how did u do the texture of the wall...and the stone brick (term??) ..did u individually casted them or what??

seing this work of your, made me remember my kid days when i played dungeon and dragon and Lone Wolf...........

superb work my friend!!!!
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 08:08 AM UTC
Many thanks Boss.

Actually most of my mad ideas come when I'm sitting on the toilet bowl. In almost all my dios I see images of scene with the figure in it in my mind. At other times when I look at or hold the figure I visualize the scene it will be in. I think the key is the toilet bowl.

Plaster walls were casted over a plasticine mold and scribed with a blade after 30-40 minutes just before it starts to get firm. The texture is from fine and coarse sand I pressed into the plaster immediately after casting when the plaster was still wet.

The celluclay-like material I used for the storm drain wall and stairs was easier to work with as it had a longer working time. It was applied over a wood and styrofoam base.

I hope to do a SBS article sometime this week if I can manage it and submit to the HF forum to help create activity there as suggested by Spooky6.

Thanks again Boss.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 08:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

plasticine mold

so now you had a mold at home...
pls show the pic of the mold...

the plasticine didnt melt?? wow...now i remembered the kiddis Tv show in the early 80s with Cekodok Ulala made from plasticine...

damn..u're good at maximising and fully utilisation of what ever resources that you found!!!

couldn't agree more on the toilet bowl.......
 _GOTOTOP