_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling Questions?
Ask your modeling related questions here.
dapol prairie tank
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 04:00 PM UTC
this keeps gettin caught in the background of pics of other stuff, so its time it had its own thread. this kit is quite different in quality to my other airfix engine, probably due to the age of the moulds, theres a lot of flash,ejector pin marks in prominent places, and warped parts. that said its still going to be a nice kit when finished, and as its the only game in town for these ex airfix kits,dapol are preserving a bit of modelling history. i can see myself ending up with a big collection of these (and i have a station dio to build!)
and we need a choo-choo emoticon
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 715 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 04:15 PM UTC
Now where have i seen that before :-) .
You can tell its an old kit just by looking at the moulded on detail and the thickness of the plastic. But if anyone can make it look good, then that is you Phil.
I just about remember the Airfix engines as a boy, but i never did build one, perhaps one day i may have a go .
Andy
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 04:36 PM UTC
yeah chunky detail is right! all those grab rails will be shaved off and replaced with fine plastic rod, and thanks for the tip to check out google images andy, ive got a great pic for reference now, and it shows that i was about to put the wrong colour on the wheels/running gear. i was going to use dull red, but the underside is all black
 _GOTOTOP