_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Fellow Dallas Platoon
WildCard
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 945 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 05:54 AM UTC
Gentlemen,

I want to thank you all for our meeting today. I had a great time!! See you all you guys ( Steve, Keith, Jim, Mike, Chris, and Maurice ) really inspire me!

I'm very thankful and glad we get to meet every month. I think it really help us learn from each other. I hope to see everyone again next month!!

Steve: awesome Panther brother! Can't wait to see you finish!!

Keith: Congrat on the new store! I sincerely hope that you will prosper from your new venture! And yes! you got a loyal customer.

Jim: Ditto on the Char B... You make me want to build one!!

Mike: Didnt get to talk to you much... if the thinner dont work give EazyOff a try!

Chris: Very nice to meet ya! Your Hummer will be ready by the next meeting right?

Maurice: Thanks brother! I think we both will enjoy the new kit. Ya gotta promise me to build the 88... I had to tow it with my car all the way from Irving!!

I really think our meeting is a good thing. Shall we start a trading group? group build? classes? cook off? getting wasted (I will bring the chicks!) ? any suggestions?

WC

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 11:25 AM UTC
Ben !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You crack me up :-) :-) :-)
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 717 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 09:40 PM UTC
Well... my wife would probably let me go to a cook-off...but the last option isn't really do-able for me... :-)

I enjoyed seeing you again, and look forward to many more occasions where we modellers can get together. By the way, I've got a few of the sanding sticks in coarse grits that you are more than welcome to if you would like them.

WildCard
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, July 31, 2006 - 02:04 AM UTC
Guys don't forget and bring me a blank DVD on the next meet. I got a special gift even your mother will approve!

Oh hey I got a DML Tiger P, Tamiya Chi-Ha, and DML soviet figures for trade on the next meet. I will trade anything that's intresting or German armor that I dont have! I hope you all bring something that you dont want to build as well... I think this would be fun!

Also... do you guys think a cook off be a good idea? Isn't there a park near by? maybe we can barbeque our DML 3-in-1s and paint the ribs!

WC
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 717 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 31, 2006 - 08:47 PM UTC
I wouldn't mind having the Tiger (P) or the Soviet figures, or even the Chi Ha... what do you
1. Consider Interesting?

and/or

2. Is German and you don't have?

As far as the cook-off goes, maybe we can fry up some wingy thingies... don't know that there's all that much meat on a 251 rib...
Removed by original poster on 08/02/06 - 02:50:46 (GMT).
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 12:51 AM UTC
Speaking of wingy things, if folks want to trade for some 48th scale aircraft, I've got a bunch. Don't build them much anymore, but I used to
WildCard
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 01:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

wouldn't mind having the Tiger (P) or the Soviet figures, or even the Chi Ha... what do you
1. Consider Interesting?

and/or

2. Is German and you don't have?

Jim,

Any German armor that I dont have... I'm not too picky as long the quality is fair. If you really want an example, the newer DML half tracks or the older tamiya 7 ton flak, and armor cars comes to mind which I dont have any!

As for figure trade, just about any German DML figure set. Or the newer Tamiya tank figures you don't built. You don't even have to have the weapon, box, or instruction... just figure is fine I can figure out the left arm and right arm ). However, armor crew are the most welcome.

As far as intersting goes... hmmm... any 1/24 scale sports, exotic, or classic auto (no AMT, Nascars ,or stock cars) or model catalog, books... unused PE sets, animation models, Spaceship, robots... strange ugly stuff... hehe list goes on and on!

WC

Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2006 - 11:01 AM UTC
I'll build that 88 Ben, have to get cracking and try to get some stuff finished here pretty quick. This week has been an off one for me, got nothing done as I had other things taking up my time and hockey starts back up next month so I'll be busy with that too. Good thing is this year I'm only taking ONE team, not two again. lol
 _GOTOTOP