_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Ireland
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Model Shop in Carlow.
Murfv
Visit this Community
Carlow, Ireland
entire network: 40 Posts
KitMaker Network: 27 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 02:41 AM UTC
Hi all,
My name is Vincent and I am a model builder in Carlow town. Recently a small hobby and games shop opened up and is trying to establish it self as a going concern. A small selection of kits is avaliable but most anything is available to order as the supplier for kits in the shop is Hannants. Any one who has visited Hannants website will be aware the pretty much any modeling taste is catered for.
The owner of the establishment has also offered the games room as a possible meeting venue for any modelers who may be interested in statrting up a club in the Carlow area , on a regular/semi-regular basis basis.
The shop is called "Games People Play" and is located beside the post office on the Staplestown Road, 1 minute walk from Fairgreen shoppping centre.
If any one is interested in setting up a model club in the Carlow area, please drop me a line or leave contact details with Jim in the shop.
If not, call into the shop anyway and check out what's in stock and maybe help the small retailer.
Regards, Vincent.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 03:14 AM UTC
Thanks for the info Vincent. Next time I'm heading south I may take the scenic route and see whats on offer in Games People Play
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
entire network: 3,212 Posts
KitMaker Network: 250 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 07:41 PM UTC
Great news Vincent. I'm based in Athy and will definitly pay this place a visit to check it out. What are his prices like compared to Hannants?

Sean
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
entire network: 3,212 Posts
KitMaker Network: 250 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 07:46 PM UTC
Oops! Just noticed this thread is 18months old. Is he still there?

Sean.
 _GOTOTOP