_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Canada
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Mig's FAQ book
gcdavidson
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,698 Posts
KitMaker Network: 130 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 07:37 PM UTC
FWIW, I just ordered this from Amazon.ca for $59, including shipping!

I saw on the locked thread about this book that some guys have paid up to $130 (IMO a bit pricey). But $59 is in the same league as a couple/three AFV Modelers. I can't wait to get my hands on it!
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
entire network: 5,579 Posts
KitMaker Network: 538 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 08:54 PM UTC
Graeme, I ordered the book right after it was published on amazon.co.uk and got %30 off (about 25GBP I think)... it still was pretty expensive, but I like the book very much.

Great inspiration and wonderful photos, but a bit unclear in some of the comments... Anyway, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Mario.
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 4,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 160 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 08:44 AM UTC
Graeme,

I ordered one for the same price and the free shipping back on May 24th...tentative shipping date is between July 17th -August 2nd...hoping it will be sent soon.
PEIRECCE
Visit this Community
Prince Edward Island, Canada
entire network: 117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 56 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 07:24 PM UTC
I got mine through my Regimental Museum for around $60, I have been reading and I really like it. There are a few translation issues, but there is a lot of information to absorb. I think it will help as i am looking forward to trying out some ideas. I read the locked thread and I don't really agree with the review. I think some are looking for a more exact description, where Mig is more trying to coax people into being more artistic and trying stuff. I am pretty sure that I wouldn't pay $120 for it, I think Mig went the right way with pictures to avoid a lot of translation. I do know that it is going to take a couple of reads to absorb as there is so much to take in. I would recomend it.

Mark
 _GOTOTOP