Lucky Model
ian_reece
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 141 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 01:50 PM UTC
Hello

I heard some good things on this site about them but now i'm not so sure. I placed an order on the 7th, the item is supposed to be in stock but my order has stayed as "in progress" ever since. I have e-mailed them and had no reply and I have also tried to cancel, again nothing.

Does anyone know if this is normal practice with Luck Model? I dont think I will be dealing with them again.

Ian
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,924 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 02:04 PM UTC
Ian, are you sure the item was 'in stock' and not marked 'available', which means that they have to obtain it from a distributor first.
It's not normal, no. Lucky Model have a very good reputation indeed. You will be doing yourself a dis-service if you stop ordering from them.

Vinnie
ian_reece
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 02:09 PM UTC
Thanks Vinnie, yes it is down as "in stock". I dont mind the wait, what I really dont like is when you cannot communicate with companies. I created a request asking for information over a week ago and had no response.

I will keep on waiting....

Ian
Mattcooke
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
entire network: 289 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 02:21 PM UTC
You should contact Raymond Chung he's the owner of the company and if you have any problems with his company he'll fix it for you contact him.He's also on ARC so check his profile.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 05:41 PM UTC
I've never had a problem with LuckyModel.
Normally any emails are promptly answered except when Ray is away on business or vacation.
For a company that continues to offer me the cheapest prices, the cheapest 7-10 day shipping, and free shipping on many items, I see no reason to change.
I'm not sure how their "In Stock" reloads itself or how often, or if it needs to be manually updated, as many other sites need to do, but it's a pretty common practice to find many websites stating something is in stock, and it's not. (I've been caught by the latest and greatest active shopping carts even, as something being list as 1 available, yet the guy a second before me got it because the total didn't change or update fast enough, and I ended up waiting for a new shipment to arrive, or simply SOL in many cases.)
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 07:07 PM UTC
Let me take a stab in the dark here Ian, did you happen to order the Fine Molds X-Wing from them? If so, I'm in the same boat as I've been waiting on this to ship for a few weeks too. They're out of stock at the moment, even though it says in stock. Seems a bunch of other people had the same idea I had, grab a nice kit at a great price! No worries though, Lucky Model will come through for you as I've had nothing but good luck with them. Things like this happen when you find a great deal, sometimes you just have to wait for it to come in. Hope that helps and as Vinnie said, don't give up on them!
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 07:18 PM UTC
I saw a similar thread on ML.
It might even have to do with this being vacation times over the world, with both, buisnesses and the postal services.
Although Ive never ordered from Lucky models, Ive never read anything negative about them either. There was some issues a few years ago, and the owner dealt openly here on Armorama and if I remember properly, Im pretty sure all was done possible, to resolve any issues.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
entire network: 209 Posts
KitMaker Network: 63 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:18 PM UTC
Dear Ian Reece,

We have checked that our CS silvia Lo has made a reply to you on 17th July stating the PE 35011 is being restocked, the schedule arrival is end of July (next week).

We have experience some "spam" mail control setting will block any email from @luckymodel.com.

Anyway, sorry for the delay in shipment and we will have a PM system installed on our web site to avoid the spam mail control issue.

If you have any question, please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected]

Regards
Raymond Chung
LuckyModel.com
Rockfall
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 884 Posts
KitMaker Network: 278 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:29 PM UTC
Raymond,

Any company that takes the time to scan through modeling forums and try to resolve problems is #1 in my books.

I havn't bought anything as of yet from Lucky Model but that will definitly be changing soon as I see the great customer relations not only on this site but others as well.

Its refreshing to see these days.

Jeff

Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:32 PM UTC
Dear Dave,

Like many other on-line store, the stock status update is a real headache. Currently, we are experience some logistical design issue on the inventory level status reflection:

e.g.

Customer A purchase PE 35011 x 2 on 1-July (complete payment)

Customer B purchase PE 35011 x 1 and DR 6221 on 2-July (partially paid)

Customer C purchase PE 35011 x 3, PE 35012 x 1, DR 6293 x 1 (complete payment)

Take the case, we have PE 35011 5 pcs in stock, 10 pcs DR 6293, 20 pcs DR 6221. While PE 35012 not in stock and restocking order from China has been issued for 50 pcs PE 35012...

Then, the computer will allocate fully to Customer B as PE 35011 x 1 and DR 6221 is ready to go.... however, payment not complete... The system block the shipment release.

Also, system will allocate fully to Customer A and ready for shipment. But Customer C order is blocked due to PE 35012 not in stock and PE 35011 have just 2 pcs left.

In case, Customer D comes in and buy PE 35011, the system is fully allocated the PE 35011 to Customer C, therefore, "in stock" PE 35011 will not be released to Customer D. (Like Ian's case).

We have experience to "manually" release the item allocated to Customer C to Customer D, but after sending out Customer D's shipment, PE 35012 arrive warehouse, but this time , PE 35011 is not enough again. Thus, sometimes, making Customer C angry of not sending so long. If we don't release the item to Customer D, the Customer D will complain why the item is in stock ,but not send out.

Currently, we have already implemented a near to "on-line" update. But sometimes, data link between back office and web site (at datacenter) is broken, the stock status may not be updated instantly.

I am finalizing a new stock allocation logic to "automatically" communicate with the customer to advise the customer about "latest stock status" and let them to decide what to do on cancel, backorder.....
I "hope" this version of program can be ready sometimes before Sept.

Regards
Raymond Chung
LuckyModel.com
bydand
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 278 Posts
KitMaker Network: 72 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:40 PM UTC
Ian,

can you see a rather large UK on-line supplier doing this? I think NOT

Cheers,

Craig
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Let me take a stab in the dark here Ian, did you happen to order the Fine Molds X-Wing from them? If so, I'm in the same boat as I've been waiting on this to ship for a few weeks too. They're out of stock at the moment, even though it says in stock. Seems a bunch of other people had the same idea I had, grab a nice kit at a great price! No worries though, Lucky Model will come through for you as I've had nothing but good luck with them. Things like this happen when you find a great deal, sometimes you just have to wait for it to come in. Hope that helps and as Vinnie said, don't give up on them!

Dear Maurice Fitzgerald,

The "X-Wing" has just released from port today, we will send out on Monday.

In fact, we are thinking to put a "step-status" like UPS, DHL to let you know where is your kit now.... but..... we don't have the budget to do install so much system and manpower.... just kidding.

Regards
Raymond Chung
LuckyModel.com
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2006 - 02:56 AM UTC
Thank you for the update Ray, I appreciate you taking the time and posting updates for both myself and Ian. I was informed last week that there was a bit of a delay with the X-Wing and I had no worries that it would go out when you received it in. The rest of my order came in fine, I've been really pleased with Lucky Model's service and pricing. Keep up the great work!
ian_reece
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2006 - 02:58 AM UTC
Cheers Raymond, thank you for the response and my faith if more than fully restored.

Ian
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,183 Posts
KitMaker Network: 496 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2006 - 03:05 AM UTC
Ian, I have to agree with everyone else here that Lucky Model is a great place to do business with. Like Vinnie said, you'll only be hurting yourself by not dealing with them again because of this glitch. The only problem I've ever had with them concerned a pre-order that they had problems getting. But Raymond went out of his way to keep me informed of the progress, even sending me unsolicited emails letting me know what was going on. I've never received that kind of customer service from any other company I've dealt with, online or not.
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 08:32 PM UTC
My two cents{US} Ian,
I've ordered from LM before...got the 1:35 Lee tank on early order and while waiting for that to come in, I made an order on fathers day for 4 items...all 4 were in stock per the site, but only three were really in stock when the order shipped. One item{long tom gun kit} is on back order so I emailed them about it and they replied the next day... LM told me they'd ship it free for me if I'd wait...or, I could cancel the order...naturally I'm not going to cancel my order! I understand "live" updates of available product are hard to do and that back orders happen, but I'm very impressed how they handle it the way they do. I'm a happy customer who will return..
My email account is protected by norton, so it does see LM's emails as spam, but directs them to a spam folder...I can "unspam" there statis and have norton see them as regular email. I dont know what your running Ian, but you might want to check it to see if the responces did get waylaid by the antivirus/spam guard and see if you can change the viewed statis to ok/not spam.
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 08:59 PM UTC
OK, I'm going to rant for a minute here while I'm thinking about it...I hate when internet sellers show something they really cant have yet and show a stock number and price and make it so one can buy it...my point, VLS{not LM!}...they showed AFV's not yet made M40 kit up for sale...so I ordered it the same day as my LM order. Got an email 3 days later saying they{VLS} were cancelling the order as it "wasn't in stock"...heck, no-one has it{wish they did!}. I just hate it when they put something up for sale that doesn't even exist yet and gets a customers hopes up{I thought they had a secret source or something...I thought wrong}. I'm off my soap box now...sorry for the rant.
Lucky Model will at least do an early buy...like the lee .
 _GOTOTOP