_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
The Red Lancers
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 01:16 AM UTC
Okay has anybody dealt with these people before I ordered The Historex hex punch set and was wondering if somebody got the run around from them or anything like that.
Thanks
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 02:11 AM UTC
While I have not yet delat with them except in person at the Long Island show, they have a very good reputation among figure builders, up there with one or two others on the east coast.
Spuds
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 393 Posts
KitMaker Network: 61 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 02:41 AM UTC
Chuck and his staff are great people. I have dealt with them many, many times and have NEVER been disappointed. Fair prices, numerous trips overseas to find and retrieve new products. Will be honest with you about the quality and availability of products. Prompt shipping.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 11:44 PM UTC
Thanks I hope all goes well.
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,434 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2003 - 12:13 AM UTC
well i havn't heard anything bad as of yet. Where can i go to buy some of their stuff been hearing good things i need some stuff for a dio stug
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,580 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2003 - 12:20 AM UTC
Here's a link to The Red Lancers website:
http://www.redlancers.com/
The Red Lancers is a top notch outfit. It is one of, if not the top source for figures in the US. And Chuck Robinson is an outstanding guy to know and deal with. If you're ever in the area, make it a point to visit his store. I felt like a kid in a candy store.
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,434 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2003 - 01:00 AM UTC
thanks mel. stug
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,250 Posts
KitMaker Network: 266 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2003 - 04:36 AM UTC
Hola!

I'll second all the above posts! Chuck is a really great guy and cares about his business which makes the Redlancers a great choice for your figure and some armor needs.
Grasshopp12
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 205 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2003 - 04:49 AM UTC
I've dealt with this company a couple of times and have nothing but praise for them. The prices, selection, and service are all top-notch. I'd reccommend them without hesitation to anyone interested in any of thier products.

Jeff
basturk
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 212 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2003 - 04:52 AM UTC
I tried to purchase something something from them but it seems that I ve a problem logging in into their site. Everytime i type in my user id and password the screen flashes and i get the same screen again. Any ideas on how to solve my problem?
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 04:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I tried to purchase something something from them but it seems that I ve a problem logging in into their site. Everytime i type in my user id and password the screen flashes and i get the same screen again. Any ideas on how to solve my problem?

At the risk of being overly simplistic, are you using the right name/password combo? I just tried logging in with an inaccurate name and a very similar page came up wiith fine print at the top saying there was no such name in their records (or something to that effect.) When I used my correct name/password, no prob.
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 760 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 01:14 AM UTC
This is not meant to upset anyone so please don't take offense. This is just an observation that I made about the Red Lancers at AMPS 2002.

BIll Miley (Chesapeake Model Designs) is the only importer of Friulmodel tracks into the US. If you buy tracks direct from him, he charges $27. At AMPS he was charging his standard $27, Michigan Discount Models had the best price of $25.50, and all other vendors except the Red Lancers were charging $30. The Red Lancers were charging $40! Not surprisingly they weren't selling too many sets. From discussions with other vendors I've found out that Bill Miley charges vendors $18 for each set of tracks that they buy (because they do so in bulk). That means that The Red Lancers were trying to make about a 120% profit while the average vendor was only trying to make 60% profit! This seems like a complete rip-off to me and it was obvious that the fellows from The Red Lancers didn't even bother to walk around the vendor floor and see that they were overcharging by at least $10 compared to all of the other vendors there.

I don't want to bash anyone and these guys might be very nice people, but as this was my first exposure to them it left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

Jeff--If anything goes wrong with your order or it is going to take them a while to get the punch and die set in I would suggest you go direct to the source (i.e. Historex Agents). I've dealt with them a number of times (including when I purchased my punch and die set) and have always been pleased.

As I said above, please do not take offense to this post. It is just an observation I made.
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,580 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 01:31 AM UTC
Hi Adam,
I just read your post and I have to say that I'm surprised at this. Most of my dealings with The Red Lancers has been at various shows. Whenever I've compaired prices on a specific item, his price was always right in line with the other vendors there. The only time I ever saw a significantly better price at another vendor was when they were running a special show price sale.
I've never known Chuck to gouge his customers. I'd be willing to bet that, given the chance,
he would have a good explanation for this.
And if you don't mind, I'll use your own statement here :
Please do not take offense to this post. It is just an observation.
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,745 Posts
KitMaker Network: 221 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 01:31 AM UTC
Well the Red Lancers are second to none when it comes to selection of aftermarket items and figures. Only problem they have is that they charge full price for the items, so if your at a show, shop around and you can find a better deal for it. Otherwise a great place to deal with.

Scott
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 760 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 01:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well the Red Lancers are second to none when it comes to selection of aftermarket items and figures. Only problem they have is that they charge full price for the items, so if your at a show, shop around and you can find a better deal for it. Otherwise a great place to deal with.

The kicker is that the prices that everyone was charging (except The Red Lancers) was not a special price. $30 is the standard price, Bill Miley always charges $27, and Michigan Discount Models always charges $25.50. The Red Lancers on the other hand (I just checked their web-site) charge $29.95 typically for Friulmodel track. Now that really is weird that they would raise their prices for AMPS. Maybe they have lowered their prices since that show because they didn't sell any while Bill Miley and Michigan Discount Models sold out of their tracks?
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2003 - 05:34 AM UTC
More on this topic:
I placed an order on Monday for two items I hadn't seen elsewhere, an EMI trapper with dog and Cromwell's apparently discontinued Butch and Sundance. They just arrived in the mail extremely well packed and as ordered. :-)
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 12:56 AM UTC
Recieved my punches Yesterday very well packed and in good order. But as for the tools at $73.00 plus not really worth it all they are is cut hex wrenches so buy yourself a set of Hex Wrenches cut them down find a piece of brass tubing or something along those lines and make your own I will from now on and as regards to the plate I don't think it is needed. just punch out over a stiff piece of Rubber. My 2 cents on them I will put a rating up hope soon.
And yes.
Adam they do charge full price on just about everything ^%$^&& some people just are more greedy then others.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 12:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

did you give it awhile to put the info in the server. Try again no problem on that but the search sucks took me about 15 minutes to find the darn things that I wanted. I think their site could be improved upon.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 05:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

And yes.
Adam they do charge full price on just about everything ^%$^&& some people just are more greedy then others.

That's not a particularly fair assessment. They operate a storefront. That means a much higher overhead (taxes, rent/mortgage, employees, maintenance) than the guy who only does shows or sells on the internet. Except for club discounts, I've never seen a hobby shop that sells at less than full retail.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 12:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

And yes.

That's not a particularly fair assessment. They operate a storefront. That means a much higher overhead (taxes, rent/mortgage, employees, maintenance) than the guy who only does shows or sells on the internet. Except for club discounts, I've never seen a hobby shop that sells at less than full retail.

You know that is true about the store,but if he makes twice as much as some other stores cause of volume sales he should pass on a little lower price. Okay two hobbyshops I deal with one allways gives gives a price 10 percent below the other only 6 percent why cause he does more bussiness. But to each his own I guess

But the point well taken Al
 _GOTOTOP