Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Once again, my thoughts about model building
WildCard
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 945 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 17, 2006 - 11:37 PM UTC
Gents,

I know, I know I post this before. But I thought I want to share my work with you again and remind you what an awesome poet I am :-) and this time with a picture!

To build a plastic model, workspace must be clean. Photo-etch and AM parts makes the model look harder, but I can still do it, because I’m much smarter!

Next I learn the parts and color code terms. I get confused, and say I'll have to adjourn. When I get back, I have a new mission. Learn the parts to numbers, using the instruction!

Washing the parts with detergent is the next step,but all of a sudden, I came down with the strip! Later I return, when I feel like trying, However, I have to make sure all the parts are drying!

Follow the steps were taught left and right, finding the missing part, which was clean out of sight! Apply and sniff the glue at the same time can be perverse, every step I competed, the headache got worse!

Completing the model I’m very proud, little do I know, one part was missed in the crowd. The missing part might be in the carpet or stairwell, by the blank looks on my faces, I certainly couldn’t tell!

Fancy paint job can not be avoid, but the three tone camo and weathering work really got me annoyed! Filter, highlight, and shading must add to the equation. Without them, I’ll be last in the modeling competition!

Model is fun but I have to go through a lot of trouble. It takes a lot to build that perfect model. Building, researching, technique, and stay up all night. Sometimes I wonder if my sanity is intact!

This is my love-hate relationship with my model! Forget all that I’d rather move to France and buy myself a poodle.

WC