_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
New guy to site
junior73
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 20 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 08:02 AM UTC
Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Keith, and I have been modelling off and on for about 20 years. I mostly do 48th scale jets,. but have a stash of WWII armor that I need to get cracking on.

Here are a couple of pics of a Sherman that I started about 10 years ago and just dug out of the stash and have been working on for the past few weeks. Looks ok in this shot, as tonight I ruined it by not priming before shooting on some krylon OD green. (don't laugh, I dont' have any hobby shops here in town, and was in too much of a hurry to drive an hour to the Hobby Lobby)

Hopefully I can get it cleaned up and get a good coat of paint on it.

rommel93
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
entire network: 169 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 08:10 AM UTC
Hi Keith
Welcome to armorama. It looks nice

Sebastian
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 14,499 Posts
KitMaker Network: 411 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 08:51 AM UTC
Hi Keith,

Firstly welcome to the site and a nice way to introduce yourself with some pictures of your work.

There are lots of Sherman Experts on the site so if you have any questions just ask.

Only three small observations, the pistol port needs to be blended into the turret, some filler will do that and the idler wheels look hollow at the back. Easy fix is to filll them up with some mud when you're ready.

The seam line on the wheels is quite visible and would need filling down if you've a mind to. Nice looking Sherman.

I'm not expert because I made the same mistakes!!!

Again welcome to the site and the OD club!!!!!

Cheers

Al
Taylornic
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 337 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 09:03 AM UTC
Hi Keith,

Welcome to Armorama!

Taylor...
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 4,021 Posts
KitMaker Network: 84 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 09:40 AM UTC
Like the others have said. Welcome. Here's a few quick obersvations:

1) the jerry cans you have on the back rack are German (fine since scrounging found equipment was normal) However, their spouts were offset to the right and not centered

2) the outwardmost hatch on the left side has been installed backwards. The side with the handle on the corner plus the locking lever was the inside face of the hatch.

If you want more tweaks, have a look here:

http://www.usarmymodels.com/MANUFACTURERS/Italeri/italeri225.html

To strip down your model, use Easy Off oven cleaner. Spray on. Let it sit for about an hour. Then rinse off, using a soft brush
junior73
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 20 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 17, 2006 - 07:50 AM UTC
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I easy offed the majority of the peices tonight, and will finish it up tommorw, so then reassembly can continue.

Thanks for the heads up about the hatches and stuff. I will be swapping that around when I reassemble.

As for the blitz cans, they came in my allied accessory set, so I"m confused. If they are German, should I paint them in traditional German colors, or should I shoot them a shade of OD??

Again, thanks for the input. I'll have to get a couple pics of my Stug up here too!
 _GOTOTOP