_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Ordering trouble...
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2006 - 05:31 AM UTC
Hi all
Have had a problem with ordering online...
About the middle of May I ordered from a company to get an update set for a project I have been working on. After 2 weeks I thought I'd just track the progress with an email. They replied by email saying "yep just popped it in the post yesterday..." (para-phrasing here) Received envelope which had been sent from US on June 9. It contained the smallest portion of my ordered set, which could have been a mix up with an order # at their end, as the small parts could be bought separately, IIRC)
Sent email to ask what had happened. No reply. Waited a week then sent another email, this time with an attachment, a part copy of credit card statement showing full amount charged to me (ie.amount of my FULL set ordered) This has been paid long ago, and I have since re-sent the email with attachment, as well as a "What's going on?" email this morning...
The reason I have been tinkering with diorama things is because my 'other' project has been kept on the back burner for approx. 2 months because of this...
All I want to do is get my set, and build my @#$%& project!!!
Is this too much to ask? Have sent the last 4 emails without reply....
Cheers (sort of)
Brad
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 754 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2006 - 08:32 AM UTC
Brad

Sorry to hear about this mess. Who did you order from ? If you don't get a response from them make sure to post the company's name. You may not get your money back, but the damage done to future sales for the company should make you feel a little better.

Good Luck
Harry
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2006 - 09:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Brad

Sorry to hear about this mess. Who did you order from ? If you don't get a response from them make sure to post the company's name. You may not get your money back, but the damage done to future sales for the company should make you feel a little better.

Good Luck
Harry

Thanks Harry. I clearly refrained from naming them as I think their stuff is pretty good, and would not want to become vindictive... BUT, bottom line is that they exist to serve the customer, and if that ain't working...?
Cheers
Brad
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 07:03 AM UTC
Happy to report that contact has been re-established...
Apparently my 2 emails with attachments had been sent to the 'bin' (as junkmail as the subject line was 'a little vague') by the company without being read...
Have to say that they have bent over backwards since finding out the situation... And as it stands there has been another set sent a couple of weeks ago, so it should be due for arrival soon enough, and I can get stuck in and have my project finished!
Cheers
Brad
P.S. I love happy endings...
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 04:04 PM UTC
I'm glad to hear of the happy ending.

Many times you hear about the complaints (that's ok), but too often you don't get the follow up.
Thanks.
 _GOTOTOP