_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
Help with posting photos
Prato
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
entire network: 1,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2006 - 12:04 AM UTC
Hi all! I'm having some trouble trying to post my photos on the site and thought this would be the ideal place to come for help! Well, the problem is that I can't seem to load the photos onto my galleryin the first place! And so I can't copy the URL to post the photo. Could somebody help me? Thanks in advance!
Cheers and happy modelling!
Prato
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2006 - 05:36 AM UTC
Is this one of yours?

You may need to login to the photo site again.

(This is how it works with Windows. A Mac user will have to guide you if you use one of those. )

When you get there, click the thumbnail to get a larger pictuire. Right click this and a mesage box opens, click "Properties" at the bottom. Another message box opens. In the middle is "URL Address" Triple click on the text to the right of this starting with h t t p and ending in jpg to highlight it, then right click on the highlighted portion and choose "Copy".
Go back to the thread where you want to post your picture. Click on the little img button above the smilies. The program will insert this [ img ]http://put.url.here/image.file[ /img ] (There will be no spaces, don't add any.) at the end of your post. Highlight the text I have in bold and right click it and choose "Paste" from the options.
Submit your post as normal.
Prato
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2006 - 07:24 PM UTC
Thanks Al! But the problem is that I want to post other photos than the ones that are in my gallery right now! And I just can't load the new photos onto my gallery to do what you told me to do! The photos are still in my computer memory! Thanks a lot any way! Could somebody help me, please? Thanks in advance!
Prato
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2006 - 07:48 PM UTC
Maybe if you can give us just a little more detail of what exactly is happening when you try ot load the photos. Any error messages you might be gettting etc. I assume that since you have photos in your gallery that you have been able to load them in the past?

Mary
Prato
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2006 - 08:05 PM UTC
Hi, Mary!
This is what happens: I go to "My gallery photos" and click "Upload photos", put the photo URL in place and submit! then nothing happens! Everything goes back to first place- as if I hadn't put any URL and submited! And the photos don't appear in my gallery (is it full?). I really don't understand!
Prato
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2006 - 08:30 PM UTC
I just did a test pic into my gallery and everything worked fine for me. Soo..a couple of questions..

Are you uploading them from your pc?
Remember to make sure that you are logged into the kitmaker gallery..Click upload photos..Click on Browse..then go to the specific pic you want..double click on the pic..Do this for each pic you wish to upload..then click on Upload/submit..the pics should upload into your gallery space.
Prato
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2006 - 09:32 PM UTC
Thanks a lot Mary and Al! I managed to do it using both your advise! I apreciate it a lot! Thank you!
Prato
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2006 - 11:59 PM UTC
No problem ..glad to be able to help out!
Mary
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 01:07 AM UTC
Heh, heh! Tag team photo support for Mary and Al :-)
 _GOTOTOP