_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello - Where am I?
propnut_66
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 53 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 06:21 AM UTC
Hi all, I am not new to modelling, but I am new to armorama and not sure where to go to ask a question - so I'll give this site a try. I purchased a Sol 120 mm figure of a Viet Nam Marine to enter into the Halls of Montezuma campaign. The figure is great but he is carrying an M-1 instead of an M-16. Did Marines use M-1's in 'Nam and if not, where can I find an M-16 in the proper scale -1:16th , I think.
thanks, Jerry
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 14,499 Posts
KitMaker Network: 411 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 07:20 AM UTC
Hi Jerry,

Firstly welcome to the site.

As your question is figure focused the best place to post would be Historicus Forum which is dedicated to figure building of all ages.

Not very versed on the Vitenam era so can't help you personally although someone will pick up on you thread and give you the answer.

When you log in, if you log into the KitMaker Network - see icon above to the right of the screen you can use the tabs to visit any of the specific sites without logging in again.

The site is under continual development so don't worry if you get a bit lost, it will soon start to make sense.

Here's the link to the Figure Forum, check it out:

http://hfmodeling.kitmaker.net/

or use the tab above. I think they refer to it as the dark side!!!

Again welcome to the site.

Cheers

Al

PS: You logged into ModelGeek, which is more general modelling topics and modern/sci fi stuff. I also shows the buy/sell/trade items and other non related modelling stuff.
RedLeg
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 746 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 09:00 PM UTC
Hi Jerry Welcome to the big A
In answer to your question? the answer is yes the M-1's were used in the very beginning of the Vietnam war but to a very Limited extent, i believe they were replaced by the M-14 rifle but this had taken a long time so there were still plenty of M-1's around,
hope this helps

redleg
BM2
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,361 Posts
KitMaker Network: 327 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 09:16 PM UTC
Yes the M-1 was used in the Nam - some marines prefered it to the M-16 due to it's reliability - I have seen pics of SEALs carring everything from the M-1 to a Thompson or a German Schmeisser Model MP-40.
propnut_66
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 53 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2006 - 06:03 AM UTC
Thanks for the warm welcomes and help. I shall model on with the weapon in the kit, and check out historicus forma too.See ya later
Jerry
 _GOTOTOP