History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
Changing gallipoli
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 2,088 Posts
KitMaker Network: 471 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2003 - 09:04 AM UTC
Hi all
Today in our national paper it said that a group of Australian acdemics want New Zealand and Australia to apologise to turkey for invading them in 1915.
try this
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3052027&thesection=news&thesubsection=general
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 6,149 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,551 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 12:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all
Today in our national paper it said that a group of Australian acdemics want New Zealand and Australia to apologise to turkey for invading them in 1915.
try this
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3052027&thesection=news&thesubsection=general

What exactly do they want you to apologize for? Damage to the landscape?
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 04:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all
try this

Guess some pople have too much guilt and nowhere to unload it.

And if the apology is refused? Then it's war!

Steve
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 6,149 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,551 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 02:18 PM UTC
This stuff gets out of hand real fast. War is no love in. World War I was a bloody disaster for the world. What brave men did in Gallipoli should be a symbol of dedication to Country. No one needs apologize for that advocating and defending that sentiment.
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2003 - 05:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This stuff gets out of hand real fast. War is no love in. World War I was a bloody disaster for the world. What brave men did in Gallipoli should be a symbol of dedication to Country. No one needs apologize for that advocating and defending that sentiment.

I don't know if you can call it revisionist history, but if the people trying to do this are teaching young people you certainly have to wonder what is going on in the classroom...

There are probably plenty of things countries can feel bad about, I don't know if Gallipoli is one of them.

Steve
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,454 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2003 - 05:56 AM UTC
Tell them politely to BOG OFF!.
Arthur
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,331 Posts
KitMaker Network: 334 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2003 - 04:05 PM UTC
Why is it that whenever I read a sentence that starts with, "A group of academics...", my eyes begin to roll. All that knowledge...and so little common sense.

Mike

shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 256 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 04:12 AM UTC
I don't know these particular academics but as a whole there're usually dreamers. which mind you is not a bad thing. Only problem is reality sometimes gets in the way. If someone knows how to make dreams come true please feel free to contact me, always wanted to be first man on Mars :-) .

Shiryon aka Josh Weingarten