_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Bending Tiny PE (Photo Ech) Parts
stonely0
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 28 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 06:20 PM UTC
Hi guys, how do you guys bend small PE parts? Can it be done without using those specialize tools (That cost quite alot of $) from hobby shop? Can it be bend using normal tweezer or plier? or any other cheap method?

Pls advice

cheers
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 07:54 PM UTC
The best way to do it is to place the part on the edge of your steel plate/glass plate/cheramic tile, place one straight (no. 11) scalpel blade or the blade from a stanley knife on top of one side of the photoetched part (with the sharp edge of the blade along the line that need to be bended), and another no. 11 or stanley knife blade under the other side in the same manner. Then, lift the lower blade to the required angle, while holding upper blade steady. This should give you a sharp edge.
stonely0
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 28 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 07:20 PM UTC
thanks, but can i also use this method,... i got a baby desktop clamp, 40mm... i was thinking if it wedge the PE in between a cushion rubber mat and clamp it with the part that need to be bend proturde out and then use a metal ruler to bend it. do you think it will work this way?
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 08:05 PM UTC
I really can't say that method would not work as i have never used it with "cushions" before. I'm thinking that with the cushions in place..you may not get the crisp clean bends that you may desire. Wish i could be more help.

Mary
 _GOTOTOP