_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
ROLL CALL part II
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 12:59 PM UTC
howdy kakimodels...

where are you..........

this little community is getting quiet and quiet everyday.....i think this section will die someday...........which i will try my best not to let that happen..

after all, this is where we all knew each other.........kinda sad to loose it...

is there suggestion so that this Kakimodels can run just like it's glory days??
i will appreciate all comments/feedback and suggestion

druid_99
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 47 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 01:14 PM UTC
Hmm... I think you should ask the modelers in SMM to send in their builds in here as well lah. Maybe you can ask them to put progress for the Tomcat thingy in here as well... make some in progress for each of the participants. Same with other things too...
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 02:17 PM UTC
good idea Imran...but to ask them to post here is another story. Not so many of them are members in here and if all of them want to post in here, they have to register which i can think not many of them would like to do that..and if i may pledge their co-operation, i takut that will violate SMM rules which is to promote other website, which i believe many other forum out there didnt like it...

what say others??
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
entire network: 986 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 07:19 AM UTC
although i go to smm forum more often, i also go to armorama just as frequent. as druid99 mentioned, posting kits-in-progress pics is a good way to start.

...go KakiModel!
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 07:27 AM UTC
so ppl,

pls post your in progress photo here...

let's bring the glory of the good ol days..........

CKLOO
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 64 Posts
KitMaker Network: 50 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 17, 2006 - 04:56 AM UTC
Just to inform the bossman, I'm still here alive and kicking.
You are right to say things have been rather quiet.
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 17, 2006 - 08:53 AM UTC
Sil, there are few reasons why modellers are not coming back over here. Since Armorama did their upgrade, connection to the site is slow. While I am typing here I still see the page being loaded. Sometimes I give-up waiting.

Secondly, the reorganized Armorama pages is confusing to me. I spent significant amount of time on my slow connection looking for pages I have been following.

As you see in SMM, the armot kaki's are not strong. I know Armorama is not meant for armor builts only but we have to live with the fact it is the general perception of modellers on the web. Some still feel wierd posting cars and gundams over here.

Anyhow, I will continue support Kaki Model Malaysia (if I can get webpages loaded more quickly) in one way or the other.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, July 17, 2006 - 09:48 AM UTC
thanks kenny, loo, jimbo for your never ending support of kakimodels..

wwell u guys are not alone...i also find toruble to browse this new site feature,,

many of you know that all category got their own forum which located at different server domain....so it's confusing to navigate around ..well at least not just like we had before...
but with the new feature that i just posted (latest network post)..you will get almost the same feature as the old server, the only diff is we can see all other network...before this we have to jump to armorama/modelgeek/modelshipright/Figure forum/Aeroscale...but now we can see all of them in one page..
hope this will help u...check my other thread about this new armorama feature...

for the downloading time., i have no problem..still the same as before....

just hope kaki model wont die
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 09:19 AM UTC
Boss we should be okay. Remember the early days when the were just the few of us, you, me and Ave. I still drop by Armorama regularly except I find myself spending more and more time at Historicus Forma, the figure section.

Your right that its not easy to have a our very own forum in an international forum, thanks to Staff Jim. Despite all the changes here at Armorama here, it still remains one of the premier and most active modelling sites and we have our very own little corner. We will do our best to keep it alive.

As for creating activity, the in-progress is definitely a good way to go. The other possibility is to post some pics here of recent competitions for non-SMM members if it helps.

The only other thing I can think of right now is to start a topic at the Jom Borak thread.

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sil, there are few reasons why modellers are not coming back over here. Since Armorama did their upgrade, connection to the site is slow. While I am typing here I still see the page being loaded. Sometimes I give-up waiting.

Secondly, the reorganized Armorama pages is confusing to me. I spent significant amount of time on my slow connection looking for pages I have been following.

As you see in SMM, the armot kaki's are not strong. I know Armorama is not meant for armor builts only but we have to live with the fact it is the general perception of modellers on the web. Some still feel wierd posting cars and gundams over here.

Anyhow, I will continue support Kaki Model Malaysia (if I can get webpages loaded more quickly) in one way or the other.

I will probably surprise everyone by posting here. But I do keep tabs on most of the larger communities just so you know.

Argrillion,
Have you tried switching off the banners and details (Links below our callsign and details). Just on this page there is about 200Kb of banner images from 2 banners. So imagine if you are on a busy topic and there are 10+ banners. I probably need to start some kind of banner hosting and check for size so that people can't upload these monsters (Sorry Sil...yours is 150kb).

For reference the whole web site download is probably in the 150-300 range (without big images in post, etc).

That said I know the site is starting to crawl a bit at times. It's just a user thing I am afraid. The more we have the slower it gets. I will try to keep options open for people on the opposite side of the world or with dial-up speeds (or both).

Oh and nobody should worry about posting non-armor related things now as these forums are really part of the greater network now and thus include all aspects of modeling.

Cheers,
Jim
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 07:40 AM UTC
whoaaaaa..well, we all should be glad that Armorama's boss is here to explain things...
on behalf of the kakimodels, i'm honoured to have staff-Jim here...
for the record, this is not the first apperance of staff-JIm in kakimodels...

as for the banners, i think we all should listen to his advice..i already turn off the banner features...and i'm going to reduce my banner size to reduce traffic....

and staff-Jim, having a different banner hosting is great idea....

so guys, pls post anything here....

like me , i never afraid to post a non-armour or worst non-modelling question here...

so guys, i let us keep KakiModel alive...and thanks to CK for the heads up..

cheers,

Zaidi
 _GOTOTOP