Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Zidanes headbutt game...hehehe
kiwibelg
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
entire network: 939 Posts
KitMaker Network: 202 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 03:11 AM UTC
Hi guys,
Follow this link here, use the left button of your mouse and you too can re-live Zidane's last few minutes of the world cup! :-) Cheers,Shay
Bigskip
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,487 Posts
KitMaker Network: 464 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 03:21 AM UTC
NOT BIG.
NOT CLEVER.
Vic
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,697 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 04:14 AM UTC

:-) :-) :-) :-) Pretty good

thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 1,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 265 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 02:32 AM UTC
It's very sad that someone with his fame would do something so boneheaded on such a public stage. And as his final act!

It's likely that this will be how people remember him. It's on the order of Mike Tyson biting off his opponent's ear during a fight, or the famous "No Mas" from Roberto Duran. It's the way most people recall them.

Very sad.

Tom
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 14,499 Posts
KitMaker Network: 411 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 04:33 AM UTC
Hi Shay,

I'll check that out later. I thought it was disgraceful. What a plonker and the Frence were cheering him as some kind of hero, absolutely disgraceful conduct, I hope he gets banned for life.

Little wonder the youth of today have little respect with dick heads like that for role models.

They deserved to loose the World Cup for that sickening incidient alone - I have no respect for thugs and tossers like that at all.

Cheers

Al
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
entire network: 2,174 Posts
KitMaker Network: 613 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 01:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I hope he gets banned for life.

Er... he's already retired, mate.

As for being remembered for this, I don't think it matters. Maradona's still remembered for the 'hand of god', but you can't take away his legacy. It'll be the same with Zidane. Even here in Germany, Materazzi's still looked on as the bigger villain of the two.
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 02:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I hope he gets banned for life.

Er... he's already retired, mate.

As for being remembered for this, I don't think it matters. Maradona's still remembered for the 'hand of god', but you can't take away his legacy. It'll be the same with Zidane. Even here in Germany, Materazzi's still looked on as the bigger villain of the two.

Great, one less prima dona to have to suffer. I know little of this man and care even less. Sorry kicking a football into a net doesn't rate highly with me in terms of a worth while achievement in life. Over paid and with a big ego. We used to admire explorers and people who achieved something important in life, now we suck up to a lot of people whos big claim to fame is kicking a ball about.

Yes, great skill and I enjoy a good match just like anyone else but hero worship, forget it. The world Cup's great but it is only a game of football.

Now if that doesn't start WW3 I don't know what will LOL, LOL.
:-) :-) :-)

Cheers

Al

Really, I have no respect for this individual what so ever.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 02:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'll check that out later. I thought it was disgraceful. What a plonker and the Frence were cheering him as some kind of hero, absolutely disgraceful conduct, I hope he gets banned for life.

Little wonder the youth of today have little respect with dick heads like that for role models

Well, if your mother was seriously ill and someone said what that Italian clown said to Zidane, just what would YOUR reaction be Alan?

AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 03:04 PM UTC
Hi Jim,

Heresay your worship - not admissable in court!!!

Sorry head butting anyone is just not on. If there was words said he should have sorted it off the field - he's supposed to be a professional, and he's paid a lot of money to hold that position. Now if he hadn't been so stupid would he have taken a penalty in the final shoot out - would France have won? That's the question that should be asked.

I rest my case.

Cheers

Al
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / España
entire network: 1,380 Posts
KitMaker Network: 115 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 05:04 PM UTC
Hello Alan,

I won't start nuclear conflict.
But just ask you a question : do you play football, or even do you practice sport ? Physical one, I mean, not cricket or golf ?
I think until you haven't done a 110 mn match in final, event in a regional championship, you cannot feel what Zidane and high level players can feel, when for one hour and half one player of the adverse team insult you.
And please, once again, don't call him D..k something.
And to answer you, I think we would have loose the match anyway, since Italian were tired but Buffon was very present. Zidane tried with a head, but Buffon (best goal in the world) stopped it. And regarding penalties, Trezeguet should have shoot anyway...so.
Materazzi is moreover a lyier. In in first interview after the match, he told the press he never would have permit to insult Zidane since hers died when he was young. No courage at all...He desserves to be banned from la squadra...

Julien
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 09:31 PM UTC
Hi Julian,

Played sport for 30 years or more mate. Football when I was a lad every single day, and rugby 3/2 times a week up until I was 30. Played in some decent competitions, the Hong Knog 7's and even have a couple of medals somewhere.

I know a fair amount about sport and a lot about being insulted and provoked. Having played hard physical rugby often when tempers get high I have see a fair number of punches and tempers fly.

The point here is very simple Julian. Zidane is suppoosed to be a professional. He might well be a very decent bloke, he might well have been provoked, I don't know and I don't care because he acted in a manner that shamed not only him but disgraced his country. This was not a weekly premier match, this was he final of the World Cup, watched by millions from all over the world. He was representing his country and acted in a manner that was totally unprofessional. This was his job and he failed to do it.

If any other member of the public acted in such a manner in their employment they would be sacked. That simple. Being a professional footballer doesn't give him the right to assault anyone. It's one of the most stupid and sensless acts I've seen of the field of play for a long time and unfortunately it's what he will be remembered for.

So it's reduced to the ranks for Capt Zidane, 28 days field puinishment and a dishonerable discgharge.

He brought shame to himself, his team mates, his country and the game. Sorry, I'm not interested in his plea of mitigation.

By the way bad luck, it was almost Frances game.

Cheers

Al
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 10:43 PM UTC
As one of from the 13 colonies that doesn't follow any of the euro-football leagues, I have never heard of either of those two guys and know nothing of their illustrious/imfamous careers. However I will forever remember the headbutt. May not remember their names a few weeks from today but the headbutt will always be there.

My $0.02
Vic
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,697 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 12:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well, if your mother was seriously ill and someone said what that Italian clown said to Zidane, just what would YOUR reaction be Alan?

Jim,
I think we actually agree on something :-) :-)
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 03:00 AM UTC
Headbutt should have landed on the Italian's chops.....after the match!
Over and retired,right? tsk,tsk,tsk.
No pardon for the short fuses in sports and even less for the trash talkers who think they're a better player because they do.These are the idiots who corrupt the kids the most.
I'll raise the .02 a smooth $5
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 03:38 AM UTC
Alan, can i ask why a headbut is any worse than a hockey fight in the olympics? Seems many beleive as a professional this shouldn't be permissible, but not as many people make a deal of two hocky players nailing each other in the face. Personaly id rather get a headbut than a fight...

Realy. These are two pro's who have their heads filled up with nationalism during hte world cup. Hell, it was a cause for world war one! so it surely can make a fuse go short in a personaly conflict can't it?

Do i support his gesture? Surely do. I'd be po'd if some "gentleman" was yanking my shirt during hte game and insulting my mother afterwards. But do i think it was the smart thing? Not truly, but it sure got the fifa's attention and according to what i've read, if materazzi is found culpable of saying racist comments, italy could be loosing her victory.

Realy, i've never been to fond of fighting. Unfortunatly after watching video's of how dirty materazzari plays he well deserved it.

Meh, i don't know much about the game anyways...

Frank
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 05:06 AM UTC
Hi Francois,

Sorry mate not going down that road. I said what I think and that is that. Not trying to shun your question but if you can't see my point !!!

Hockey, great game, I thought fighting was part of the rules in both Canadian and American Hockey!!! :-) :-) :-) :-) Don't they get extra points or something?????? :-) :-) :-)

Cheers and enjoy your sport.

Al
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,901 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 05:22 AM UTC
I applaud Zidane!!! Here is a man who is willing to stand up for either the honour of his sister and mother, or a racial slur. You can say all you want about millions of children watching, but these children and their parents have bigger concerns if the're watching football.... in Europe (England included) you have a huge racial discrimination problem that is only going to get worse. Fans, players, coaches hurling racial insults and greeting African players with chimpanzee calls!!!..... If I recall, FIFA's message in this world cup was 'Stamp out Racism'...... well that is exactly what Zidane did...... except his version read.... 'Headbut out Racism'

I'm not French nor Italian, and I can honestly say that in these parts it's Zidane that is being seen as the victim.

Frank
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 06:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I applaud Zidane!!! Here is a man who is willing to stand up for either the honour of his sister and mother, or a racial slur. You can say all you want about millions of children watching, but these children and their parents have bigger concerns if the're watching football.... in Europe (England included) you have a huge racial discrimination problem that is only going to get worse. Fans, players, coaches hurling racial insults and greeting African players with chimpanzee calls!!!..... If I recall, FIFA's message in this world cup was 'Stamp out Racism'...... well that is exactly what Zidane did...... except his version read.... 'Headbut out Racism'

I'm not French nor Italian, and I can honestly say that in these parts it's Zidane that is being seen as the victim.

Frank

Hi Frank,

So your answer to the racial problem is violence. Very enlightened. Violence breeds more voilence and more hate, and more voilence and finally social breakdown, all too often resulting in the loss of innocent life.

It's funny how the criminal always wants to appear to be the victim, to justify his/her vile act. " Oh, I just punched the old lady, broke her hip and stole her money because I 'm having a bad day and my Mom told me off for swearing and kicking my grandfather, but I'm really a great guy and anyway if Dad hadn't hit me a clip around the ear for stealing 20 pounds from his wallet none of this wouldn't have happened. I'm just a victim."

Spare me.

Would have to say that I diagree with you on this one.

Cheers

Al
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,901 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 07:47 AM UTC
Hi Alan,

I'll make the assumption that you're a white man......if this is so, then there is no way that you or I could ever try to understand what it must be like to victimized on a daily basis, solely based on the colour of your skin or your religious beliefs. As far as the solution to the racial problem being violence...... no, of course not, ..... but Zidane, in his 'moment of madness' has shown us apathetic white folk, that there is a breaking point to the constant injustice of racial slurs.

Frank
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 08:10 AM UTC
Hi Frank,

Your assumption couldn't be further from the truth. I was born and brought up in N Ireland, I think I know all about religious abuse that I care to know - enough said on that subject.

As regards to colour, racial abuse isn't limited to those with a darker skin I know, I was living in England during the 70s so I know what I'm talking about. Neither is it limited to white on black, where I live now I see more racial tension between the ethnic groups than between whites and blacks although that exsists as well.

As I said before I'm not interested in his plea of mitigation. This was disgraceful conduct from a man who should have known better.

Cheers

Al
WildCard
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 945 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 10:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I agree.

Materazzi is a thug it's a shame when he fell he took Zidane with him. Materazzi said something really awful about ZZ's (Zizou) mother and sister.

From the Mexico lip reading report Mata said ZZ's sister is a prostitute and he's a terrorist. If I were him I wouldn't take that crap (and I hope you wouldn't either). Family and honor come before job (professional or not). Job is only temporary but family is for life.

Alan, would you respect someone who defended for his family or someone who talking trash about other people's family in order to gain advantage?

Quoted Text

Sorry kicking a football into a net doesn't rate highly with me in terms of a worth while achievement in life.

Speaking of job. Alan, with all due respect I beg the differ. From the slum of French street to a international football star is by no mean small acievement. This is not hero-warshiping but rather an admiration for didcation and someone who is true to his craft. What ZZ does not only take talent but years and years of practice. Kicking football is the path ZZ chose and he does it well. Just like anything else in life from law practice to exporation to model building. Takes didcation and hard work.

I say bravo to Zidane. Materazzi deserved that for what he did on the international theater. He's an embarassment to team Italy.

That's my 2 cents worth.

WC
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 11:31 AM UTC
Hi Benjamin,

This is one of those debates that will rumble on for years. There will be those like me who think his act was disgraceful and others who will support him.

I'd never even hear of him until the World Cup and I couldn't care less if I never hear about him again.

It's a free world, I said my piece, take it or leave it, that's up to you.

You can argue it this way or that till the cows come home it won't change my opinion.

In life we inherit certain values and standards mainly from our parents in the early years and as we grow and our experience in life increases we add our own.

If you asking me do I understand why this happend, yes I do from what's been said. If you asking me do I approve of it, then quite simply no I do not, and I have already said why.

That view my friend will remain unchanged.

Cheers

Al
WildCard
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 11:44 AM UTC
Hi Alan,

It's the difference in opinions that make this world wonderful. I mean this whole heartedly.

I just want to experss my opinon and I feel good about it. For a yank like me you gotta give me credit that I keep up with stuff like this LOL.

As for team GB, not much of a fan. However, my girlfriend thinks Beckhem is cute

Anyway, if you are up to this, see you 4 years later and lets pit again in this forum.

WC
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 11:51 AM UTC
Hi Benjamin,

Yip all the ladies think 'Becks' is cute. I'm not a big foootball fan but I always enjoy watching the world cup.

He isn't the first and he won't be the last to 'fly off the handel', it's the nature of the beast. LOL.

Cheers

Al

See you in 4 years :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
WildCard
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 12:00 PM UTC
Alan...

Oh man... I just checked out your gallery photos (good work btw)... even our taste in model are different :-) yup, you got an enemy on this forum.

WC