_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
I'm new ! just do things in the wrong order !
Pewster
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 14 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 07:40 PM UTC
Hence the fact i've been posting on the diorama thread for a couple of weeks before i even noticed there was a thread here to introduce myself !

Sorry !

Anyway , this is what i posted there, its much easier to copy and paste than type it all again, but pleased to meet you all anyway !

I'm a 40 something from England, and despite having built numerous models as a kid, haven't done any in decades ! Dont know why, but having spent a few years many moons ago running a newsagents, my hours of boredom resorted in me flicking through numerous magazines. For some reason the images of elaborate model displays have always stuck with me !

So here i am, older, wealthier, and stupid enough to try anything, and taken completely by surprise by my 14 year old sons sudden decleration that he wants to make a model !

Now me being me, have said we wont just make a model, we'll make an entire scene like those i've stared longingly at during my days browsing magazines !

Now in my defence, i'm a pretty arty person, so the painting and scenery dont bother me in the slightest (years helping a father with a LGB railway layout ) but hey, i'm always open to help and suggestions !

were obviously going to be starting from scratch, so weve picked the subject (Omaha Beach), ordered the relevant kits, so next is getting together all the relevent paints, materials and tools etc.

This is where the help could come in useful !

Any reccomendations on what are the essentials to get going and the best value in terms of sourcing these ?

For that matter, any information or tips you may fancy passing on as we begin this project may be obviously appreciated !

One good thing, having spent most of my youth working with paint brush in hand , the availability of air brushes looks like a damn good thing ! But again, any advice on which to get and the best paints to use would be greatly appreciated !

Dave

AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 14,499 Posts
KitMaker Network: 411 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 10:45 AM UTC
Hi Dave,

Welscome to the site. I saw your other post so I think the Guys have got you covered there. Big project and I hope your son and you enjoy it.

Look forward to seeing some progres pictures and enjoy the site.

Cheers

Al

Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 11:38 AM UTC
Hi Dave,

Welcome to The Network

Don't forget to visit Historicus Forma for a good ol' figure fix :-)
Since you're doing Omaha Beach I'm sure you'll have plenty of questions for us figure fellas

Rudi
 _GOTOTOP