Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Douglas Jardine?
Zacman
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 210 Posts
KitMaker Network: 109 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 10:59 AM UTC
Dose any one know any information about Douglas Jardines service in the British Army in India during WW2?
kiwibelg
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
entire network: 939 Posts
KitMaker Network: 202 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 04:52 PM UTC
G'day mate,
Planning on sculpting a figure of him?Anyway,
I did a bit of a search on him through google and found out that he served with the Royal Berkshire Regiment.Haven't had any luck finding anything on his service records.For those who do not know who Douglas Jardine is,he is widely acclaimed in cricket as the sports first true villians(next to the Chappell bros. :-) ).A fierce player ,Jardine invented what is known today in cricket as the 'bodyline'.Basically the ball was bounced hard and fast to maim the opposing batsmen.On an English tour to Australia his only goal was to stop Australia's greatest cricket player Sir Don Bradman.His plan succeeded,the 'bodyline' stopped Bradman from his prolific run scoring,he fractured anothers skull,and at the same time Jardine becoming the most hated figure in Australian sports history.
Here is a great webpage with video footage over the
BODYLINE story.
I still remember watching the Bodyline film when i was a school kid.After the movie came out ,at school,we were all doing Bodyline bounces trying to take each others heads off ...with tennisballs of course(cricketballs were banned)!
Good luck with your search digger,
Cheers,Shay
edit(that would be a cool idea for a dio,Bradman ducking from a Jardines "Bodyline"!)
Zacman
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 210 Posts
KitMaker Network: 109 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 07:14 AM UTC
Thanks for the reply, The movie on Body Line is very ?( made from an Australian point of view only) I'am trying to find out any info on his service in India.
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
entire network: 2,174 Posts
KitMaker Network: 613 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 12:36 PM UTC
He definitely parachuted into France at least twice while on attachment to the SOE. Dunno about India, though.