_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
computer graphics help
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 11:05 PM UTC
I am sure this is quite easy to do once I get the how to down. I plan to do a futeure conversion model. I want to backdate the 350 scale Yamato to its original configuration. One of the things I need is a secondary deck template. Now I have a 700 scale model of what I want to do and I scannedit. I put it in a power point file but couldn't do what I wanted, which is simply double the size of the "piece". I did print it out. So I figure on doing a nother scan. What program should I put it in, and how can I get it just to double size. I don't have any fancy art programs as I just don't do anything. So I am looking at finding a way to put this in a Paint or excel or even powerpoint type file. I just need to know how to double the size and then I will have a perfect template to do what I want to alter the kit piece.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 11:47 PM UTC
If push comes to shove - you can always take it to kinco's and use a copy machine to double the size.
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 531 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 07, 2006 - 01:30 AM UTC
If you don't have Photoshop, then about your best bet is Paint. PowerPoint and Excel were not meant nor should they be used for image editing. I like Scott's idea of going to Kinko's. They have computers with image programs, and you can ask for help. It'll cost you a little to print it (depending on size and color vs. Black and White) but shouldn't but a few bucks at most.

Or, send it to [email protected] (my e-mail), with specific instructions on what you want done and I can do it for you. Let me know.

Jeff
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, July 07, 2006 - 04:21 AM UTC
ok I've put it in a paint file, now how do I get it to double the image size and print it that way?
westcon
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 69 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 07, 2006 - 05:29 AM UTC
Personally, I use Photoshop so I'm not extremely familiar with paint, but I think what you need to do is open the image in paint, then click on image - stretch / skew. Put horizontal to 200% and vertical to 200% which should double the size. Then just print it. If it prints off the same size as before you changed it, you'll have to check your print settings so that its set to print at actual size rather than scaled to fit the paper size. Hope this made some sense, PM me if you have any problems.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, July 07, 2006 - 10:39 AM UTC
that worked.....sort of. But it acheived the reslts I wanted Thanks for the guide.
 _GOTOTOP