_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Helloo
DanAir
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
entire network: 31 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 04:11 AM UTC
Hey Guys and fellow Modellers..

My name is Daniel Chambers, 23 years old and a modeller for practically all my life. I'm a Brit living in the Netherlands for the majot part of my life and am studying for a Masters degree in social sciences. I have a bachelor degree in Engineering (aircraft operations)...so..I think thats enough about me..

When I was a bit younger I moslty build aircraft from the modern age (jetfighters, helicopters, etc). My biggest interest in life besides American Football and my girlfriend is WWII. I'm very interested in it not only because my grandfather faught in the dessert against Rommel (British 8th Army) and later on in Italy, but further more because I Iove the Weapons used, the airplanes, tanks..etc. Nothing worked with a computer like it does nowadays..I love it.

Thats the major reason why I'm modelling WWII era stuff. I wanted to do anything else with scale modelling. So why not use your interests in the WWII I thought...

Well Guys..I hope I'm welcome here..I've got a lot to read in the forum, and have posted a couple of questions already. Like I said..I'm new in the WWII and airbrush type of modelling, so I would love to get all the help of you guys regaring my questions.

Hope to talk to you all soon!
MiamiJHawk
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 1,225 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 05:12 AM UTC
Hello Daniel:

Thanks fer the detailed report on your past, your grandfather, and what
your interests are. Welcome to Armorama.com or the Big A as we
members call it. . . .. DanAir. . . dude, that sound like an local hop Airlines
between Syracuse and Detroit. . . . but since jour in The Netherlands,
that wouldn't mean anything to you, right?

There are a lot of really fine gals and guys who are modelers on this
web site. And we are all eager to be of as much help as possible.
Good luck to you, Daniel and welcome aboard the Big A train. . . .
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 10:14 AM UTC
Hi Daniel

Greetings from Denmark.

Welcome to Armorama.

Looking forward to seeing some of those wwII models.

As Rick sayes. Lots of helpful guy's and gal's here.
DanAir
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
entire network: 31 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 03:13 PM UTC
[quote]

. . .. DanAir. . . dude, that sound like an local hop Airlines
between Syracuse and Detroit. . . . but since jour in The Netherlands,
that wouldn't mean anything to you, right?

/quote]

Hahah I know what you mean! I'm studying in the airline business and love the US...originally DanAir was an airliner from the UK but it went bankrupt in the early 90s...and because people always twist my name, DanAir kept on..

Thank you for welcomming me, I'll try my best to upload pictures when I'm ready..

To Jesper: Thank you for welcomming me! Hope to talk to you soon as well!
kiwibelg
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
entire network: 939 Posts
KitMaker Network: 202 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 05:00 PM UTC
Hi Dan,
This place is without doubt the best place on the net. I used to live in Utrecht in 1999,great little place.I remember it being very difficult for me language wise.At my first job there my boss told me to be at the workshop at "helft acht".As you know in Dutch that means 7:30,but to me it sounded like half past eight :-)!Great start,an hour late on my first day !Do you get out much in Utrecht?My local was Mick O'Connell's,used to get myself in a bit(alot) of trouble there on Thursdays (student night).Oh those days seem long ago;cycling into town,leaving the pub in the wee hours of the morning then finding out that my bike had mysteriously grown legs and walked away.!Anyways mate,enough blah,blah,post some of your pictures, visit the forums and feature sections and you'll be right as rain!
Doei,Shay
 _GOTOTOP