Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
France vs Italy in finals
Pak_40
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 392 Posts
KitMaker Network: 96 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 03:31 AM UTC
Hi all you footballers:
Just like '98, I hope the French win the World Cup. Not because of any national pride, but because Thierry Henry plays for the [auto-censored]nal Gunners.
My favorite team in the English Premier League.
A silly reason I know, but I love Football (not-NFL).

Chris
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 05:38 PM UTC
I love you and hate you already Chris
Love = football
Hate = the f&$% Gooners

Glory glory Man Utd...
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / España
entire network: 1,380 Posts
KitMaker Network: 115 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 07:00 PM UTC
Hello guys,

It should be strange you have national pride for France since you're american ! :-) :-)
I must admit I admire English football fans (except holligans, for sure). I saw the League cup final with them in a English supporters Paris' bar, and they sang all match long, even when they loose. Better, they sang something "We love Thierry Henry, best Player in the world". I was delighted since it's so rare english applause a French !!!
I hope we will crush the Italians (Zidane know them as well as Trezeguet, hoping he will play sunday)
Qui ne saute pas n'est pas français ! (who doesn't jump is not French !)

Best,

Julien
Pak_40
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 07:57 PM UTC
Bon Jour, Julien:
Yes, I am American and a proud Swamp Yankee- that is a Northerner from the South County area of Rhode Island. Silly I know, but that is just me.
French and Italians are quite common in Rhode Island, but I had to rout for one. I know I live in Minnesota, but my heart is in RI.

Mostly, I'm just looking forward to a good Football match.

Hey Bradley, Forget the Little Red!

Chris- "He sees the world in camo-colored glasses!"
Zacman
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 210 Posts
KitMaker Network: 109 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 10:22 AM UTC
The German Vs Italy game the other night reminded me of i think 2000 Euro Final, Italy Vs France, that would have to one of the best games of football in years, i hope tonights match can be as good! It will be better with Italy winning!
I have to correct you it's Italy V's France, Italy was into the final first!
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 02:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

(Zidane know them as well as Trezeguet, hoping he will play sunday)

Julien, I also hope Trezeguet plays... Good to have a reserve like him though! Vive la France!
Max_Fischer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 639 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 04:13 PM UTC
I was thinking Germany was going to win it, But they got 3rd place so im still happy. But I think Italy is going to win it. France is good, but Italy will beat them...

France only beat Portugal because of the 11" kick and Germany beat Portugal 3:0.
When Italy beat Germany it was the last 2 minutes of the game and got 2 points, So I think Italy should have no problem.
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
entire network: 1,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 562 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 04:59 PM UTC
Hi,

Quoted Text

I... France only beat Portugal because of the 11" kick and Germany beat Portugal 3:0. ...

Just a small correction if I can - Germany 3 - Portugal 1

WHaT
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 26 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 11:56 PM UTC
IM WATCHING IT NOW 1 to 1 currently 1st half 46 minutes 18 seconds!!!
Max_Fischer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 12:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi,

Quoted Text

I... France only beat Portugal because of the 11" kick and Germany beat Portugal 3:0. ...

Just a small correction if I can - Germany 3 - Portugal 1

shoot, sorry, I thought I put 1 down...
Max_Fischer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 01:54 AM UTC
ITALY WINS!!!!!!!!

Congrats Italy!

Now Gotta get ready for next years
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 03:55 AM UTC
Next year's what? It's four years until the next world cup.
Zacman
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 06:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Next year's what? It's four years until the next world cup.

It start's september this year, finishing with a final in four years!
Not bad a 11man Italian side beat a 14 man french team!
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 10:08 AM UTC
Who has qualifiers in September? The FIFA website only shows a few friendlies and qualifiers for Euro 2008, The African Cup Of Nations, and the Asian Nations Cup. Throw in qualifiers for Copa America soon and the calendar would be too congested for most nations to hold WC qualifiers, which normally start about 2 to 2 1/2 years before the event.
Pak_40
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 11:17 AM UTC
Hi,
OH WELL!

Congradulations Italy!

Chris- a good loser!
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 11:24 AM UTC
Congratulations to Azzuri.it was a well deserved win and it was so bad to see Zizou had such a bad final in his carrier.
dogload
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 585 Posts
KitMaker Network: 201 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 02:32 PM UTC
Flags at half mast in our house.

All I can say is that France DID deserve to win, even after Zizou was dismissed. They seemed to dominate the game in the second half, missed out on a second penalty, and like England after they were reduced to 10 men, the French took the game to the Italians and it was unfortunate that the match and the competition had to end like that.

Worse though is the way that Zidane blew his cool; I will have to explain to my 8 year-old Francophile, Zidane-adoring son just why this happened. I'm sure that time will tell what went on between him and Materazzi, but it was a sad way to end his career.

Merde.
MC
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 01:55 AM UTC
Hello MC,

I must say Lol and merde too !
I thought like you when I saw Zizou ; not a good image for young players etc..but read the Guardian and the post I made in another WC tread and you will understand his headbut...
Told your son never to be a racist : his brain would be shortened...

Julien
dogload
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 12:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello MC,

I must say Lol and merde too !
I thought like you when I saw Zizou ; not a good image for young players etc..but read the Guardian and the post I made in another WC tread and you will understand his headbut...
Told your son never to be a racist : his brain would be shortened...

Julien

Hi Julien,
there are rumours trickling out about what was said to ZZ and they do not sound good. This morning there have been several versions on the news. Hopefully when the truth does come out then Materazzi will get what he deserves (from FIFA that is...)

I'm glad to see the reaction from the French People has also been positive.
Since he was very small my son has always had non-white friends and we have always stressed how important it is that he not judge people just because they are different. After all, his belle-mère is French!

Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 765 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 01:17 PM UTC
One of the papers over here used a lip-reader to view the footage of what was said to ZZ, and it seems to be depressingly racist (and about his mother too). And I thought the cynical, boring Italy had gone away after their performance against Germany.

And Gooners like me will always think of Henry, Vieira, Wiltord, Pires....
Zacman
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 01:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Flags at half mast in our house.

All I can say is that France DID deserve to win, even after Zizou was dismissed. They seemed to dominate the game in the second half, missed out on a second penalty, and like England after they were reduced to 10 men, the French took the game to the Italians and it was unfortunate that the match and the competition had to end like that.

Worse though is the way that Zidane blew his cool; I will have to explain to my 8 year-old Francophile, Zidane-adoring son just why this happened. I'm sure that time will tell what went on between him and Materazzi, but it was a sad way to end his career.

Merde.
MC

The only reason they were able to dominate the game, as you put it was because they had help from the referee every 50/50 went to France, even the 90/10 went the wrong way to france. There was nothing wrong with the goal that was disallowed. It was clear FIFIA(adidas) wanted a france, (adidas) to win!
The biggest disgrace is that FIFA still gave him the "goldern handshake"
Who gives a what he was called if you can'nt take that, at that level were every move you make has that money etc riding on it, not to mention he's not representing a club, it's the country, then don't play, he left the ref no other option, and cost france the world cup!

Moderator edit - Bad language removed
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 02:25 PM UTC
Hey Zacman, have you got a problem with France ? Or maybe with non white people ? or maybe with adidas ? lol
regarding Adidas, which is in majority german, in the supervisory board, you have 9 germans for 3 frenchs and in the executive board no French at all. So please, verify your information before writting.
Please see what Materazzi is capable : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKGcUr0S-FU
Instructive isn't.
And if you want to see the headbut with another angle, which might help the lip reader go there http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2slJ9CBnk0&feature=Views&page=1&t=t&f=b Fast and Furious...

J
Zacman
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 02:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Zacman, have you got a problem with France ? Or maybe with non white people ? or maybe with adidas ? lol
regarding Adidas, which is in majority german, in the supervisory board, you have 9 germans for 3 frenchs and in the executive board no French at all. So please, verify your information before writting.
Please see what Materazzi is capable : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKGcUr0S-FU
Instructive isn't.
And if you want to see the headbut with another angle, which might help the lip reader go there http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2slJ9CBnk0&feature=Views&page=1&t=t&f=b Fast and Furious...

J

If Zidane had half a brian he could have pointed out a little history to Materazzi, ie were the olive skin comes from! The only problem i have with the french is the way they treat other nations, ie let off Nuclear bombs in your own back yard. IT'S LIKE THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK!
He just just France at least $300 mi. l

moderator edit - Bad language removed
dogload
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 03:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The only reason they were able to dominate the game, as you put it was because they had help from the referee every 50/50 went to France, even the 90/10 went the wrong way to france. There was nothing wrong with the goal that was disallowed. It was clear FIFIA(adidas) wanted a france, (adidas) to win!
The biggest disgrace is that FIFA still gave him the "goldern handshake"
Who gives a what he was called if you can'nt take that, at that level were every move you make has that money etc riding on it, not to mention he's not representing a club, it's the country, then don't play, he left the ref no other option, and cost france the world cup!

Quoted Text

If Zidane had half a brian he could have pointed out a little history to Materazzi, ie were the olive skin comes from! The only problem i have with the french is the way they treat other nations, ie let off Nuclear bombs in your own back yard. IT'S LIKE THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK!
He just just France at least $300 mi. l

Hey Mark
I presume you hate the English as well then?
By the way, I never mentioned a disallowed goal, I referred to the second penalty that was not given but should have been.
I don't understand why you have such an attitude.

MC
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 04:20 PM UTC
Keep on topic guys or I will lock this thread.
And by "on topic" I mean play nice.

Thanks,

Shaun