_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling Questions?
Ask your modeling related questions here.
look what merlin sent me!
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2006 - 12:55 PM UTC
hi all! i've not been too active on the forums recently, due to the fact that the only kit i'm working on is my ark royal, that never seems to look very different than the last time i posted pics here (its got a lot of hard to notice p/e!) and a little publicised football tournament (which includes boozing!)
anyhoo....
this morning i picked up a package sent to me for review by merlin, its the eduard dual combo, and in the box i found a treasure trove of goodies, two separate albatros kits plus p/e for both and a standard fokker triplane. needless to say these kits will be my next build! the only downside is that the triplane is the red barons aircraft and i already have an airfix version of this plane, and just looking at the eduard one, on the sprue it will make poor little aifix triplane look a little basic!
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 12:39 AM UTC
Your the man Phil, I'll look forward to reading this review, even though I don't build in 1/72 I now have a fondness for WW I aircraft, thanks to Eduard
Have you seen the discussion about reviews on the Members forum, over at the IPMS discussion forums? I was thinking about adding how we at Armorama have a policy of doing honest reviews. Then again I might just save my typing fingers
I must get a 1/48 Dr.1, I think anyone who builds a collection of WW I aircraft has the Barons red Fokker
Mal
almonkey
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 05:05 PM UTC
just checked out that thread mal, i might add my two pennorth to it. on the subject of the red barons triplane, as i already mentioned i have the airfix version, plus a 1/8 scale wood and metal one that is a magazine partwork kit, add to that my albatros that you've seen at the shows is another of the red barons mountsand you could say.....
you can't have too many von richtofen's aircraft!
p.s. how are you for the duel campaign? you were going to put a sopwith camel against my pfalz monoplane, but i now have half a jasta at my disposal
almonkey
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 01:19 AM UTC
just noticed that the review thread has been deleted by the mods, due to the original poster having more than one account, and making similar accusations with his old account. you were right to save your typing finger mal!
lampie
Visit this Community
entire network: 6,249 Posts
KitMaker Network: 329 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 11:19 PM UTC
Hi Phil.
Looks like a fun project and an ideal basis for your rigging article :-)
Have fun.
There will be lots of time for building when England get knocked out at the weekend
almonkey
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2006 - 12:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Phil.
Looks like a fun project and an ideal basis for your rigging article :-)
Have fun.
There will be lots of time for building when England get knocked out at the weekend

whoa right there! the alternative is big brother, so come on england!
seriously though, i am SO itching to get stuck into these kits, and the albatros has more rigging than i remember from my last one i built (but not too much)
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2006 - 01:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

p.s. how are you for the duel campaign? you were going to put a sopwith camel against my pfalz monoplane, but i now have half a jasta at my disposal

Well, like you, I'm itching to start my Camel. However I have info from Stephen (Jackflash) that the engine, on the one I want to build, was a Bentley. That means the engine and cowling require modification, which means it will, probably, be a long build for me. However if you don't mind the fact that I will take forever over my camel (probably) then issue the challenge and your on I do have other campaigns to complete but I am way behind and it's very unlikely that I will make the deadlines
Mal
almonkey
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2006 - 09:37 PM UTC
thats no problem mal, i'm in a similar stuation myself (you spotted how far my bombs away JU88 has got)

however, i, baron von boxtofen do formally issue a challenge of aerial combat to the hero of the R.F.C. major mal "spitters" mayfield to be engaged upon over the ypres battlefield
baron friherr von boxtofen (known in the mess as riggy)
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2006 - 11:31 PM UTC
I pick up your glove, you filthee hun. I ask no quarter as none shall be given See you over wipers riggy, tally ho!
3 lions and all that
Spitters
 _GOTOTOP