Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
The recent event of the DFB
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 06:41 PM UTC
In view of the recent event of the DFB, I have some thoughts and will like to share with you and see what you think.

The first time me and Pak thought up DSB, we want to have a lot of fun while talking to brothers in plastic. The reason we choose to be pigs, is because we think pigs are very humble animals, we keep to ourselves, and we know how to have funs, roll in the hay, or whatever.

The DFB is obviously a side show, and I say they paid us a huge compliment by imitating us, even down to the name of the organization. For this, we shall all feel really proud.

I for one, think all the pork jokes are fine, yes, they are a bit too much and repetitive. Nevertheless, as the number 2 pig, I will like all the piggies to refine your comment in attacking their comments to minimum in the open forum other than here (although it's obvious that they had started it )for the following reason:

1. Jim is kind enough to give us a formal status in this site, we will put him in a difficult spot if this goes too far.

2. They have nothing to loss, there are only 3 of them + 1 turned pig, and we have 39 and counting, and we have our own forum, if we went to far and loss this place, then no one will be happy except maybe the wolves.

SO all things said, please refine your comments in the open forum, and if we ignore them, this will pass. Trust me, sometimes I am as pissed off as you are, but we have much bigger things to worry about.

stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,434 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 10:19 PM UTC
I see your point and agree whole heartedly. i have been miss behaving i think we need to open our contest to the wolves as a show of good faith. I apologise to general failure and his puppies. Its was only in gest. Btw if anyone find Jackhammer's mind please notify us asap. there is a hefty reward for its return. we would like to put it in our museum. stug
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 10:58 PM UTC
Stug, I think you behaved admirably, sometimes we need to you know sacrifice valor for diplomacy, and peace, this is the case I guess.... For all the things you did for the sty, you have every right to feel upset.

Thank you for your understanding.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 11:37 PM UTC
Guess this is what happens to large organizations, they faction and splinter into other groups.
TOMCAT14
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
entire network: 312 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2003 - 01:33 AM UTC

Yes SS-74 is right ,

Our forum is for fun and friendship - all we are modelers , and the name of group is very accurate for talks about everything and for this point of view --- forum started --- we are Band of Bacon - group and whole idea created by Pig #1 and Pig#2 from Armorama MessHall - I'm proud too be membership of DSB - (First Pig from Poland ) and happy for starting all of Idea for another "Bands" - like Woolfves , Tigers , Cobras ...... ETC ..... - hoping - they not broken Armorama's Atmoshere
Remember all we are membership of Armorama and Modelers

Best Regards (:-) Pig#35
jackhammer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 357 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2003 - 02:24 AM UTC
As everyone knows,I have a crack in my psychi the size of the grand canyon. Seeing how my morals and fragile sense of self have taken a plunge into said abyss,I make the following assertions;
(1) Pancake batter is a good substitute for ink blot tests.
(2)My house never has,or will,have enough light bulbs.
(3)Never cook bacon naked.
(4)Apologies that I may have to make,would only result in me having to make more later so, I will apologize on my death bed with a general "Fazalute"
(5)Boots can feel almost confortable with about 4 spoons of pudding placed inside before inserting your foot.
As for this so-called fun. Your names have been recorded and a report shall be given to the Further and His Most Second. You shall all be considered......What you shall be considered....I have NO idea!

merkava8
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 501 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2003 - 02:30 PM UTC
I agree with the general concesus. It's like in hte army. Platoon fight against platoon. Company vs company. But we're modellers, be it armour or (gasp) planes(sorry penny i had to) , a heart. Let's keep the ribbing in good humour guys. If someone actually takes anything we say seriously its time to get out and get a life. Our Pig Constitution was based on HUMOUR!!!!!
That's all for my rant. Cheers.
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
entire network: 793 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2003 - 10:25 PM UTC
Who was the double agent provocateur err...double Pig I mean?? How does a pig turn into a wolf other than in fairy tales??

Jack Proud swine, down in the muck with luck