_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
Question about selling - please help
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 08:02 AM UTC
I think I may sell a large chunk of my kit stash. I'm wondering if you guys think it's better to try and list some prices or to just ask people to make an offer?

My reason is it's hard for me to research what kits should go for so maybe this is a better way.

Any comments/suggestions?

Steve
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 09:10 AM UTC
Well..you might want to keep in mind what you paid, and what they're worth to you. If they're damaged etc etc...

You could just list them w/ prices and mention that prices can be bargained for

-Shain
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,770 Posts
KitMaker Network: 747 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 09:14 AM UTC
I'm with shain on this.......list the models with prices. I'd rather get an idea of what the seller wants for their pieces than go through the hassle of determining "what he/she 'may' want" for them. Basically, it's easier on the buyers (rationality - one seller, many (hopefully) buyers).

My two cents and perhaps yours (+) if you have something I need! :-)

Mike (++) (++)
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 05:52 PM UTC
If you really want to get rid of them, list low prices, at least 50% of retail. If you are more interested in recouping money invested, search eBay for similar completed and current items. If there appears to be a market for a particular kit, list it there. Of course, the eBay way would be more work and not every kit would be worth eBaying.

My experience is that if you list your kits and ask for offers, you will not get as many offers as you would for a kit list with prices.
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 10:27 PM UTC
Thanks. I know I have asked Rob in the past about this. It just takes so much time to try and find what kit may be 'rare' and you don't want a $50 kit to go for $15. I'm sure the buyers do, but it's no fun when you have so much invested in some kits and then see then sell (or even not sell) for less than half of what you paid.

For me $14 or $15 for a DML kit seems a fair price, but then again I suppose it's what someone's looking for. Because you add on shipping for Priority Mail and the kit is quickly selling for around $23.

I do have a few things like the Dragon Firefly kit, the one that was pretty hard to find when I bought it four or so years ago. I have no idea if things like that have been reissued or not.

And I also have figures and other accessories and that's the stuff that's really hard to price.

Guess I'll just have to make a list.
 _GOTOTOP