_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
my first work ””HELP!!
joseluis
Visit this Community
Argentina
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 04:36 PM UTC
I“m finishing my first plane (AIRFIX messerschmitt bf109), and I would like to know how to make a machinegun round over the fuselage.
Also I“ve been looking for free lessons or tips on the web but I couldn“t find anything if somebody knows where please contact me. [email][email protected]

thanks.
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,434 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 06:17 PM UTC
well here is a site with alot tips and techniques www.scaleworshop.com/workshop.htm and welcome to armorama!!!!!! now the other question is a little vague. if you're thinkning bullet holes. thin the plastic from inside and when its nice and thin puncture it with a knife or pin, to simulate the shredding metal as bullets pass through the aircraft. muzzle flashes can be done by stretching clear plastic and gluing them to the gun barrels, but i don't know about suspending bullets in mid air. try fishing line with dark spot painted to simulate the passing bullets, and don't forget the tracer rounds in red, yellow, or white. hope i helped you out stug
Favorisio
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 277 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 08:31 PM UTC
Stug, I think you missed a letter out of the web address.

www.scaleworkshop.com/workshop.htm

I hadn't seen this website myself, so thanks for sharing it with us.

Roger
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,434 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 08:38 PM UTC
no prob guys
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 01:44 AM UTC
:-) Hi joseluis, I'm afraid that I don't quite understand your question. If you are looking to simulate bullet holes, then stugiiif has the answer. If you want to replace the guns over the nose because the kit ones are not round then you could use stainless steel or brass tube, or plastic tube. Or what I am doing with the wing guns on the Hasegawa Bf109 E. That is to use round plastic rod and drill out the end. Of course you don't have to drill out the end, black paint can simulate the barrel hole.
And welcome to Armorama
Mal
 _GOTOTOP