TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
And now Black Hawk Down! Ugh!
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 10:17 PM UTC
OK, so I see Black Hawk Down is now being rereleased in an extended, enhanced (digitaly remastered) version! This is the third one!

I like this movie. I saw it in the theater and then got the DVD when it first came out. Then they released a 2 disc special edition months later and I bought it. I gave the original release to my brother. No big deal as it's a movie I like and the special edition has a frontline documentary on it and good alternate audio attacks.

Now they are releasing yet another version? This is starting to get really old. How many copies must I buy before I get the 'ultimate' version of a movie?

Yeah, I like this enough to be interested in the new scenes. I can't even remember the last new DVD I bought as I decided I had too many DVD's already and would only buy what I really wanted. But you start to feel used after a while.

Steve
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 12:48 AM UTC
I concur 100% with your sentiments. I generally see a movie and if I really like it I'll get a dvd of it. I'm not some fanatic, as long as it is at least the same one I saw on the screen I'm happy. Of course , I buy off of ebay, so I am delighted when they do this as folks want the new improved version and so dispose of their original versions. I picked up the entire Lord of the Rings set for around $20 including shipping this way.