_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
airbrush ...please help me!
penkala
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 214 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 10:34 AM UTC
I'm thinking of buying an airbrush and i have a few questions.

- I'm just a starter Beginner (i've started building dioramas a few months ago but i have some experience with aviation moddeling), is it usefull for me to buy an airbrush?

-If i should buy one, what is a good airbrush? (for a beginner)

Thanx in advace
moville
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 54 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 12:42 PM UTC
I'd go with the Aztek A470. It's a double action airbrush meaning so you can control the amount of paint as well as the air flow. The A470 can also be used as a single action airbrush. It is easy to clean without taking it apart. I'm able to get lines ~ 1 mm wide with good control. You can get it for under $100 which is a big plus...Hope that helps!

m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,248 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 05:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'd go with the Aztek A470. It's a double action airbrush meaning so you can control the amount of paint as well as the air flow. The A470 can also be used as a single action airbrush. It is easy to clean without taking it apart. I'm able to get lines ~ 1 mm wide with good control. You can get it for under $100 which is a big plus...Hope that helps!

I will second this. I love mine.
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,434 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 05:53 PM UTC
hey, i love my aztec 470 as well, but i warn, you need practice before you get the good results like some of the stuff here. i started with a single action badger airbrush and it was to start with. but i would say i wished i started with a double action like the 470, different techniques for both, i say if your patient the double action will pay off in the long run. and if you want a more "durable" metal body brush aztech just released a metal body in the 470 design. its product number is A7778 and comes with the full range of accesories for azteck airbrushes. :-) next problem is an airsupply, i recommend a compressor with a receiver. the receiver will end the pulsing effect ou get with most compressors, i got my compressor at sears and it' a big one but there are some at walmart that have receiver attached for less than $100. the nice thing about my craftmen compressor is i can run more than one brush at a time, but at the cost of about $250, so its up to you. good hunting stug
 _GOTOTOP