_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Armor/AFV
This is a group for armor scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Scratchbuild class
bilko
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 584 Posts
KitMaker Network: 200 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 03:58 PM UTC

Cliff

Just a quick note to let you know that I have succeeded in getting my Italeri 6x6 to the cab and chassis stage.

So I am ready to proceed with the surgical unit conversion whenever you are. I know you said you would be busy for a while and I am sure that there are a couple of others here who are interested in this same conversion - so I sort of jumped the gun a bit to be at a stage where I might be able to keep up with you :-)

Brian
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 719 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 02:32 AM UTC
Brian at the moment I have not started due to illness still curtailing my modeling. I will try to get something togeather shortly.

Cheers
Cliff
bilko
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 584 Posts
KitMaker Network: 200 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 06:37 PM UTC
Cliff

No worries mate - you just concentrate on getting well at the moment. I am into the Duel in the Sky campaign which started yesterday building an RAAF Tomahawk IIB - so that will keep me entertained for a while, then there is a DAK Tiger for Meeow - but work on these stops whenever you are ready to go.

Although I addressed the post to you it was also a check up on Hisham and the few others who expressed some interest in joining in.

Hope it hasn't been tooooooo cool down in Gympie. (I used to live in Nambour so I know what its like - that is why I love the tropics 15 degrees has been our coldest so far.)

Brian
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
entire network: 6,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 276 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 07:38 PM UTC
Hey there, Brian. I haven't forgotten about this. Actually, I ordered all the plastic and tools and stuff but then I had serious plumbing problems, so I had to move to my other apt. And then I got a [auto-censored]-load of work with tight deadlines (I'm a freelance translator). I even ended up missing the Big&Beefy deadline. I had just started on my Trump KV-1 and then I had to pack it all up again. I have the Tamiya deuce and a half on the desk just waiting for some free time so I can start on it. Hopefully Cliff will feel better soon and I'll get the chasis done so we can start on this learning project.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 719 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 02:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Cliff

Hope it hasn't been tooooooo cool down in Gympie. (I used to live in Nambour so I know what its like - that is why I love the tropics 15 degrees has been our coldest so far.)

Brian

You lucky bugger! had two frosts already and -2C the other morning but at least it warms up to 26C during the day

Cheers
Cliff :-)

PS> guys you keep an eye out for as soon as my hands and fingers will allow I will start building and will post pics and advice in this forum without further warning. LOL
 _GOTOTOP