Shows and events in North America.
Model Shows in the Pittsburgh Area?
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,744 Posts
KitMaker Network: 283 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 09:38 AM UTC
Can anyone tell me when the next big Military show is in the Pittsburgh Area? Seems like I miss all the good deals at the shows. This could include Pittsburgh, Butler, Indiana and Eastern Ohio. Thanks in advance! Jeff
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,580 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 04:07 PM UTC
Hi Jeff,
My IPMS club is doing our annual show this March 23rd. Here is a link to our show :
http://trfn.clpgh.org/tripms/2003show.html
We're not a strictly military show but we usually have a decent turnout of armor.
Plus the Buffalo show is April 6th and the Columbus show is February 22nd.
I don't have those 2 bookmarked but you should be able to find links at the national IPMS page. You just missed a good show in Morgantown WV in November. Lots of fun, over 750 models on the tables, mostly cars but...
Hope this helps. If you come to our show, be sure to look me up and say "hi".
Craig
Bodeen
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,744 Posts
KitMaker Network: 283 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 10:58 AM UTC
Mongo_Mel...........Thanks....I'll be there! I'll look you up! I work at the airport... but I live in Kittanning...pretty far away. P.S. Can you recommend a good hobby shop in the area. I've been to AB Charles and Son. Thanks.............Jeff
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,580 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2003 - 02:11 AM UTC
Hi Jeff,
A. B. Charles is the shop I go to since it's close to where I live as well as a pretty good store. There's Esters in Millvale. I went there once and it's pretty good too. Another is Toby Tyler. It's out near Century Three Mall, at the cloverleaf on Rt. 51. Never been there but I hear it's a good shop for older kits. And another one further south on 51. I think it's called His and Hers, but not sure. Never been there. I'm sure there must be others but I don't have any more information for you.
See you at the show.
 _GOTOTOP