TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
This weekend on TCM, FMC...
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 10:44 PM UTC
Hello, mates!
Just a heads up to those who aren't aware yet, and have access to AMC (edit-oops!) and TCM channels, starting Thursday night this week the two channels are running military movies nonstop until Tuesday...the line-up looks great, man, my T-Vo is set up!
~Gunny
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 11:28 PM UTC
FMC? Do you mean AMC? I know AMC is running quite a few good ones, but they have commericials, which sucks. TCM is great in that they also show very good movies, and no commericals. I've got the DVDR all set for some of their fair this weekend.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2006 - 10:58 PM UTC
So Mark tape anything interesting? I had mine set up to record a couple from Saturday on my DVDR but there was a problem. We had air conditioning installed in the house Saturday and it messed up the satelite cable for a while. I got four great hours of seeing the message "Searching for satelite signal."

I did manage ot recored Wake Island and Purple Heart. I plan on getting them someday on DVD, but this will do until then.

Gunny
Visit this Community
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 03:00 PM UTC
Well, Rodge,
I can honestly say that my T-Vo worked overtime, mate!
I taped everything from John Wayne to Gary Cooper, lot's of classics, and I'm going to transfer all to DVD in the coming days...also a few excellent Documentary's man...very productive weekend, all around...thanks for asking!
~Gunny
redneck
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,602 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 04:49 PM UTC
Never even thought of taping any of the stuff.
But I must admit I spent most of the weekend watching Band of Brothers on the history Chanel (don’t ask me why considering I have the show on DVD) but I did watch some of the stuff on TCM.

I swear I have about 300 channels and most of the moves I watch are on the normal channels.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 09:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

(don’t ask me why considering I have the show on DVD)

My wife and kids absolutely can't understand this about me, but I know I'm not alone. Even when I have something on DVD I'm tempted to watch it when it comes on. I couldn't for the life of me explain why, but that's the way it is.

Mark, we entered the 20th century when we got central air this weekend. Maybe one of these days we'll enter the 21st century and get TIVO.

ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 01:39 AM UTC
The DVD is backup in case you miss the showing on TV