_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: AMPS
Topics about AMPS (Armor Model and Preservation Society).
DFW HOBBY SHOPS
MikeMummey
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
entire network: 672 Posts
KitMaker Network: 18 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 08:44 PM UTC
Howdy all, I am traveling to the DFW, TX area soon and was wondering what are some of the better Hobby Shops to throw some money at? "Tanks" in advance for you response. Out here.
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 3,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 453 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 09:55 PM UTC
Sorry Mike, since Phil's and Hobby Maker closed, there isn't really much togo to around that area.

You do Have Wild Bill's and MAL Hobby , but it;s a hit and miss on selection. And of course you have the Hobby Town's, but I'm pretty sure you know how those are.

I use to work at Hobby Maker and lived not to far from Phil's and where by the far the best hobby shops in the area.

Go to the DFW club thread and ask those guys and I'm pretty sure the will direct you to the right place. But to tell you the truth, I just found out that a long time customer of both Hobby Maker and Phil's does his shoping over the phone with King's Hobby down here in Austin. By the way, Austin is only 3 hours away from DFW.
MikeMummey
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
entire network: 672 Posts
KitMaker Network: 18 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 05:47 AM UTC
Howdy Pete. I will be staying in Flower Mound. Sorry to hear that Phil's closed. I went there in 2003 and was impressed by the work of the local modelers on display. I picked up some junk at Hobby Maker too. They were prety much giving away NASCAR diecast. Maybe a roadmarch to Austin is in order. "Tanks" for the update. I will check out the DFW link. Out here ya'all.
 _GOTOTOP