_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Ebay!
afromon_11
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 52 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2006 - 12:15 AM UTC
I know some of you may be skeptical and worried about wheelings and dealings with ebay, but my from experiences dealing with the site i have had nothing but good fortune. I encourage you all to check out the site as the deals will blow your socks off. The savings are incredible!!!

PS: i do not work for ebay and am not trying to trick you into buying from there, this advice is from one modeler to another!!! So before you buy that 50 dollar kit from your hobby shop check ebay, you might find it for under 20!

Regards
John
Rockfall
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 884 Posts
KitMaker Network: 278 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2006 - 12:44 AM UTC
I have done very well from e-bay. I just got a Tamiya Cromwell tank that cost me just under $30 CDN including shipping. One of the LHS near me wants almost 50 bucks for the same kit. Last fall I got the Dragon Wagon kit with the Eduard PE set for the tractor for 70 bucks total.

You have to be careful and do a bit of research but there are deals to be had.

Shipping is where you can get clobbered so ask before you bid!
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2006 - 12:56 AM UTC
eBay is a great place to buy from. Only had one problem, but got more items for the inflated price he charged me. I've been a member since 1997 and am pushing the 700+ mark on feedback.
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,556 Posts
KitMaker Network: 292 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2006 - 02:18 AM UTC
Ebay is the greatest. Ive never lost any money from ebay-I did once buy some items of militaria and they never turned up, but the guy sent me more stuff to make up for the loss-amazing! Ive bought most of my aftermarket stuff from there aswell as sold most of my old built mdoels on there, its simply superb and worth checking out if you want a bargain or two.

Obviously it can be risky but living like being safe is boring-im sure I wont be saying that when I lose money on there :-)
 _GOTOTOP