Hosted by Matt Leese
Regulators?
moville
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 54 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 12:39 PM UTC
I just received the Aztec A470 double action airbrush as a gift for X-mas. I use it with a badger hobby compressor without a tank and nothing else. My question is that since I can regulate the flow of air with the airbrush itself and get extremely fine lines (1 mm) and good aim also, what would using a regulator with my compressor accomplish? Or would it just be overkill? I know I'm going to need a water trap sometime before the humid summer gets here. Any recommendations for that?
Thanks.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 719 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 08:54 PM UTC
I use a Sparmax 35 and Sparmax compressor. I fitted a regulater and a water trap to it so I could set the air pressure to suit what I'm doing. Also as my compressor does not have a tank I have set an upper level of 30 pound and at the bottom of the water trap is a valve which allows excess pressure to go if the airbrush is not being used such as when you are refilling with paint.

Cliff
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 11:39 PM UTC
Any good Reg with moisture trap will work. Around here about $24.00 to $30.00 for a real good one. Stay away from the $3.00-$5.00 ones.
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 4,082 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2003 - 12:14 AM UTC
Testors / Aztek has his own moisture trap....maybe that will work.....

"The Aztek Pressure Regulator and Moisture Trap removes condensation and regulates the flow of air. Fits most standard compressors."

Listprice : $69.99
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2003 - 01:19 AM UTC
If you can control the air flow with out it the only thing I see the regulator offering You is a physical 'known' limit. You 'know' how much pressure you're getting simply by the results, with a regulator you would know you couldn't go over a preset limit.
If you can get good results without it, no sence in buying one.

The moisture trap is another story. That little gem will stop moisture from getting to the airbrush and thus into the paint. If it does you'll get spatter on the kit .
I would recommend purchasing one of those.
 _GOTOTOP