_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Paasche D200 withR-75AR Regulator...How to?
dronek75
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 64 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 01, 2006 - 11:50 PM UTC
Hi, I have just received my very first air compressor,from Dixie Art, so i hooked it all up and...when i turn it ON it blows Air but not into the airbrush, I mean it works but needle on the gauge (air pressure) doesn't move at all and there is no air going to the airbrush, It might be dummy but i have never ever used one of these except for little air compressor that i have in the trunk of my car (12V) i use for the tires.
Anybody familiar with these Paasche things? Soething i should do to let the air go through?
Thanks a lot
Greg
dronek75
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 64 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 12:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi, I have just received my very first air compressor,from Dixie Art, so i hooked it all up and...when i turn it ON it blows Air but not into the airbrush, I mean it works but needle on the gauge (air pressure) doesn't move at all and there is no air going to the airbrush, It might be dummy but i have never ever used one of these except for little air compressor that i have in the trunk of my car (12V) i use for the tires.
Anybody familiar with these Paasche things? Soething i should do to let the air go through?
Thanks a lot
Greg

OK I got it LOL. I wasn't sure how to operate regulator (pulled it up to adjust the air flow) so I tested it just now and it seems that with this pressure regulator i can't go above 40Psi I have a few 1/35 scale german armour models ready to put camo on them what presuure should I use From what i remember reading i won't be using more than 20Psi anyway, correct? how about the fine lines (camo)? what pressure shoul I set it to?
Thank You and once again sorry for asking dummy questions but I don't want mess it up. I will be using Aztek A430 AirBrush (black plastic handle) Anything I should be aware of while doing camo on Marder and Pzkpf 250
Thanks agin.
Greg
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 03:45 PM UTC
There's alot of variables as to the Pressure req'd...... Type and Thickness of the paint....... it's all trial & Error at first. Id' say start around 10-15 and go up from there..... grab some scrap and practice.....
 _GOTOTOP