_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Idiots Question - Posting Pictures in Posts?
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 14,499 Posts
KitMaker Network: 411 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 04:48 PM UTC
Greetings all

Having now mastered making links can any ony advise me on how to post pictures when I'm replying to a post.

I've tried copy and paste but doesn't work. I thinking pictures from my machine not links to pictures.

What format should the pictures be saved in?

Any advice most welcome.

Cheers

Al
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
entire network: 1,871 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 05:12 PM UTC
You must upload your photos to your gallery, or to a site like photobuckett. From your gallery you can copy and past to your post. For more details use the image help button on top of this post.

Erik
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 05:19 PM UTC
Hi Alan,

When you say 'pictures from my machine' do you mean straight from your computer? You can't do that, the pics have to be hosted on the net somewhere. You have not added any pics to your Gallery, which would be the easiest way to do it. Go to your 'account'
Click on 'my gallery'
click on 'log in' at the top right
click on 'upload photo's'
upload photo's as required, it helps if you resize them before, but the gallery can do it if needed, just takes longer.
Than, when you go into your gallery, click on the photo you want to post, and when it comes up on the screen there are a few copy options underneath it. Take the top one, copy it and paste that line straight into the post.

Any questions, jst ask.

Cheers
Henk

AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 05:28 PM UTC
Hi all,

Thanks for that, it's acutally a picture I found on the web but can't remember where. It's of a 20mm Flak on a British Truck and I wanted to post it for info to a thread on help for 20mm Flak Guns on trucks.

I copied the image ages ago for my own reference but can't remember the site. Just thought it would be an interesting option for his project.

Not to worry, I'll sort some thing out.

Cheers

Al
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 05:36 PM UTC
For any web image, including those in your gallery, right click on the image, choose properties in the box that opens, tripple click on the address to highlight it, right click on the highlighted portion and choose the copy option.
In you post click on the img button on the left above the Post Text box. Highlight the text, http://put.url.here/image.file between the two sets of brackets and right click the highlilghted portion and choose paste.
Despite what Erik said above, you can't click and copy directly from the image (at least not in Windows.)
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
entire network: 1,871 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 06:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Despite what Erik said above, you can't click and copy directly from the image (at least not in Windows.)

I should have been more precise: When you open a pic in your gallery there are two buttons under it named "copy to clipboard". Choose the one behind UBB code, and paste it into your post. However, everything you need to know is right here

Erik
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 07:24 PM UTC
Greeting all,

and apologies for the slow reply. Just going to try and work out the system now.

Thanks for all you help, much appreciated.

Cheers

Al

Edit. well I managed to get one uploaded!! Is there a set size to upload them at that makes life easier; ie width 12.14 hight 8.27 or whatever?

thanks again

Al
 _GOTOTOP