_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
REVIEW
Hold and Fold
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 12:55 AM UTC
This is an offical Whats New thread for this review. It showed earlier this week - and now it gets an offical Whats New

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
dsotm
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 357 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 12:13 PM UTC
I have both the 2inch "Bug" and the "Nutter" from the the Smallshop. Very high quality machined tools, easy to use, I could never go back to folding with tweezers.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 05:55 PM UTC
Thanks for all the info.. I read the reveiw fairly carefully.. as i'm planning on taking the PE plunge soon.. I have a voyager 7 sheet pe set for my dragon 251 3 in 1 kit in the mail somewhere and I will prob wind up buying one of these before I attept it.

Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 06:20 PM UTC
I can quite honestly say that I don't really know how or why anyone would not use one of these tools, (aside from the monetary reason) coming from someone who struggled for years with the old ruler and tweezer deal...as a shipbuilder mainly, we have ALOT of bends to make with PE, railings, cranes, etc., and I can say that I have forgone quite a few PE additions to models of past because of the out and out pain in the butt it was to make these bends (that is with a failing eyesight and steadiness of hand!)...I also balked at the price of these little tools and now that I've been using one, I can rate the tool value at 100%.

I recently had the utmost pleasure to meet and talk with Alisdair Johnston of The Small Shop at this years AMPS 2006 Convention, and I am now even more convinced of the quality AND value of these PRECISION instruments. If you use a great deal of PE in your modeling, do yourself a favor, save up for one of these, you won't be dissapointed!

~Gunny
SlapHead
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 291 Posts
KitMaker Network: 96 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 02:45 PM UTC
Thanks for the kind comments on the tools guys....

Alasdair
kevinb120
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,349 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 12, 2006 - 06:51 AM UTC
how'd I miss this article when discussing this on the other thread? NOW I see how they work, must...........get............this.........next.........paycheck.... Gotta trumpy North Carolina and Lion Roar PE set on the way now!
 _GOTOTOP