_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Union Jack Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Under The Table Kit Swap UK
Sandy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 628 Posts
KitMaker Network: 212 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 01:47 PM UTC
Hi Here are details of a Under the Table Kit Swap to be held on the 25th June 06 . 10-30 to 15-30 at Castor Village Hall nr, Peterborough , Close to junction of A1 and A47
Contact David Martin , The Limes, Castor Peterborough , PE 5 7BH . Table cost £10-00 per table . Tel 01733 380250, email [email protected]
I obtained my flyer at Hinckly show cheers ian
Sandy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2006 - 10:41 PM UTC
hi all , a lovely location, great trip to it just a pity it clashed with Englands football game on Telly , very few turned up to buy kits . I would do it again next year cheers ian
BigJon
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 110 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 10:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

hi all , a lovely location, great trip to it just a pity it clashed with Englands football game on Telly ,

that's a shame, the England game was bound to keep people at home.

Tell me mate, a little more about these "kit swaps", is it just a place to buy models brand new or is it for people to sell their own kits ??
Sandy
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 10:43 PM UTC
Hi Jon it is a show org by a club to raise funds for charity or good cause , they sell table space by the 6ft rule , and indeviduals or clubs can hire one or more to sell off their extra or no lonmger needed kits , books , photo etch or built up models . A good place to buy at a reasonable price out of production kits or books you missed first time round cheers ian
BigJon
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 110 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 03:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Jon it is a show org by a club to raise funds for charity or good cause , they sell table space by the 6ft rule , and indeviduals or clubs can hire one or more to sell off their extra or no lonmger needed kits , books , photo etch or built up models . A good place to buy at a reasonable price out of production kits or books you missed first time round cheers ian

that sounds like a great place to pick up bits, i will make sure to keep my eyes open for the next one and maybe if it's not too far make a jaunt down. I like books and unusual things, I just got hold of some WW2 magazines from the 1970's!

I would be very interested to see what I came out of there holding... :-)

thanks for taking time to reply
cheers
Jon
 _GOTOTOP