Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
MORE beer and scale modeling....
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 06:37 AM UTC
Allrighty then........I have recently found a couple new beers to me here in Northern California I would like to share with my brother builders and artists of sorts
Fat Tire, from New Belgium Brewing of FT. Collins,Colorado is my current tasting and I am pleased,very pleased to say you don't want to skip this if offered or available.Before our Euro brothers start shaking their head at another 'American dishwasher rinse',let it be known that this is an Ale and carries a 5.2% charge of alcohol by volume.Yes,yes,still not Euro preemy but better nonetheless.Draft is decidely better than bottle,which is quantum leap better than thirsty
Next dust-cutter is Hefzewizer(sp?) unfiltered wheat beer by Widmar Bothers of the great state of Oregon.Definately not thin bodied but not filling either.Very much worth the effort to ask for and find this nectar!
Also recently rediscovered Full Sail Ale(Oregon?).Fair mild,semi-sweet and definately not mass produced usual rental.
Red Tail Ale of Mendocino Brewery is what I usually gargle and sip and will more than likely reside in my fridge this summer.
Note to self:start pricing kegerators again
cheers!
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,770 Posts
KitMaker Network: 747 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 08:48 AM UTC
Fat Tire, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'd almost be willing to say Colorado is the micro-brewery of the world. Sooooo many. It's like, where to start???

Try Genese (sp?) out of PA. Awsome! Killian's Red is another good one.

It's Hefeweizen, with an "n." A very nice, heavy wheat beer......had many, many of those yummy buggers during my 10 years in Germany!

With the 'weizen's, try a Krystalweizen with a lemon wedge.....smooth, clean, goes down very nice.

When you want to get re-Americanized, there's always the faithful PBR!!! :-) :-) :-)

I've had the Red Tail and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Lil' history about me and beer: I collect the labels of those I've actually enjoyed (90% of the time :-) ). Right now, I believe I have about 250 different labels with only about 10 to 15 of 'em are from micro's. From the US to England to Germany to Italy to Canada to Mexico to Japan to Korea to........ALL OVER the world.

Still like PBR tho!!! It's what I "grew up on."

Mike (++) (++)
markm
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 09:46 AM UTC
Did someone say free beer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ohhhhhhhh Boy
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 03:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Rick,

If you like dark beer, and happen to stumble upon " Double Bag ", give it a try . . . . you cant miss it, two large cows butts, and utters on the label. Its an east cost micro brew I think, Vermont maybe ?

Long Trail Brewery in Vermont, they make a great Porter as well.

Quoted Text

I'm a big fan of black and tans, ( Guiness on Bass for the un-aware ) If you like the dark flavor, look for the Double Bag, not only is it dark and delicious, but a huge alcohol content is also a big factor here

A waste of the most perfect beverage on the planet, mixing Guiness with anything, what a waste! :-)

Quoted Text

For those of you who like Bud or Miller . . . . . keep walkin, this is a mans beer !!

like making love in a canoe that bud junk..

Harpoon , a Boston based microbrewery with a brewery up this way too, makes an Imperial stout at about Thanksgiving time every year.. not quite Guiness good, but the Double bag equivalent of Guiness.

Mike
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 05:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Try Genese (sp?) out of PA

Um..... not out of PA... it's a NY Family of beer
http://www.history.rochester.edu/class/beer/genny.htm