History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
"Hell's Gate" by D.Nash
Hawkeye
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 701 Posts
KitMaker Network: 58 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 07:53 AM UTC
As was asked for here is a brief review of the aboove book.From a history standpoint i thought it was very accurate,dealt equally with both sides and the author only gave his opinion when he could back it up with verifiable sources.Where he could not do this,mainly when talking about the Russians, he made as good an assumption as he could.

Not only is this an accurate book but Mr Nash's style draws the reader in and makes him/her want to read more.I found it very hard to put the book down once i had got past the early chapters.That is the only critism i could make of this book,the early chapters.At first the reader is bombarded by the names of the important German and Russians involved in this battle.For a while it can seem over powering but once past this stage it is a very enjoyable read and is well laid out as well.

So if you can afford this,it is £45 in the UK then i would recommend it.If not borrow it,try and oder it from the library whatever,but this is a must read if you are interested in the Eastern Front in any way

Later
Hawkeye