Hosted by Matt Leese
Badger 175 Cresendo
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 01:20 AM UTC
I bought a Cresendo about 2 months ago, and I can't say enough good things about it.

Over the last year i've been useing an Aztek double action brush to teach myself painting, and I won't badmouth the brand because I think they helped me learn the basics of airbrushing.

But now that i got the 175 Cresendo, I don't use the Aztek becuase I have yet to find anything I cannot do with the 175. And since i've started using it, it hasn't stopped up once on me and I havn't sprayed a single run on the model I've been working on. Its well worth the $65 I paid for it at Michaels (50% off xmas coupon) and I highly recommend this.

I tend to use the fine needle for almost all my painting, If anyone else has this brush, what needle do you you for what type of work.

slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 04:20 AM UTC
Delbert
I've got a 175 also and love it. I've had mine for almost 5 years and it's still going strong.
I mostly use the medium needle but have found the joy of using the others also. Depending on what you built the others come in very handy.
Do you use the color cup or the jars? I usually use the cup, the only draw back is cleaning the feeder tube.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 04:33 AM UTC
Hi

To tell the truth I don't like the color cup as I don't feel I have enough control because I'm trying not to spill the paint.

About the first things i did was to make myself a 28 mm fastback siphon feed cap so I could use my Model master paint thinned in the bottle. It also works with poly scale and floquil bottles.

and for smaller jobs I took an aztek 2.5 cc color cup and made it into a siphon feed color cup for my badger.

i've got 2 pages up on my website showing how I made the modifications if you want to take a look the url is.

http://home.ceinetworks.com/~delbert3/

and I never really have a problem cleaning the tubes in my siphon caps. I have a couple of baby food jars filled about half way with cheap low oder thinner you can get in a hardware store for a couple dollars a quart. and I place the caps in there and shake them around some and then just wipe them off when i take them out... sometimes I have to put them back in for another treatment or 2 but they get clean with a minimum of hassel.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 07:59 PM UTC
I have one but my set only includes the medium tip and needle (which I bent and 'repaired' to the best I can). As this is my first airbrush, I cannot compare it with any others. However, I must say I'm very satisfied with it, and is easy to clean.
I use the color cup when doing touch ups. To clean it, all I do is put it in a container of used thinner and the paint in the tube gets really easy to remove. I also use a stretch of yarn and some bent needle to hook the yarn and clean the tube. Works quite well.
 _GOTOTOP