_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Old Model kits....
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,745 Posts
KitMaker Network: 221 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2006 - 08:28 AM UTC
Is there any place where you can look to see what the value is for old model kits? I got given a MPC 1/72 F-111 the other day by my mom, who got it from a Family friend who passed away about 2 years ago.

The kit has some interesting personal history...my father was going to start a job doing the technical drawings for the wings on the F-111 when it was going into production. He got drafted right at the same time in 1967 and his friend took his job, since he couldn't serve do to medical conditions. He was the one who passed away 2 years ago. I'm guessing he picked it around the same time.

The kit is in great shape..the box looks about brand new, but the decals flaked off the carrier. I doubt I'll build it, but I was just curious to see what the value it had, and I'll just keep it for sentimental value.

tony55
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 346 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2006 - 12:57 PM UTC
I can only think of looking on e-bay and see if there is something the same to follow the bidding.
Sounds like an interesting kit though.
Tony
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 765 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2006 - 01:07 PM UTC
It might be a re-box of the Airfix F-111 (UK release 1968) for the American market. The artwork of the first MPC model on this page

F-111 Models looks very similar.

_GOTOTOP